Johnson Rods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

namenda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does using these rods potentially void my vehicle warranty if I develop suspension or powertrain issues on my truck?

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BFH, are you still making the Sasquatch rods? From the photos I've seen of them elsewhere, the benefit I can see for them over other offerings is that they are infinitely adjustable. A secondary benefit is that they are made by one of us. :smile:

Still knocking out the sets for the few "in the know"! Thx for the plug Captain :biggrin:

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does using these rods potentially void my vehicle warranty if I develop suspension or powertrain issues on my truck?

Although I have never heard of a single situation of a voided warranty, it is up to the discretion of the Service Manager to make that call. For the first couple of years of ownership, I would simply swap out my rods for the OEM rods for any warranty work or service - just to be safe. I can add that not one single warranty repair was related to any sort of suspension modification. I do not condone any malicious or intentional dishonesty to any repair related to warranty work. Over the same time period, I took the time to get to know the staff of multiple dealerships, joined a club and made many new friends in the community. In fact, I found that nearly all the technicians in the shop really appreciated the fact that I would use the rig for what it was intended for.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still knocking out the sets for the few "in the know"! Thx for the plug Captain :biggrin:
Hey Dave,

Hmmmmm :) Should I go there? LOL! I didn't realize installation was so easy.

I hope you are doing well. I likely won't be going to the NCLR annual event as I am pretty sure I will be in Utah. We've been out there (especially the wife) quite a bit lately at her dad's ranch.

-David

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey David! I don't blame you for spending time away from the Bay Area! Utah is much more interesting than Hollister :biggrin:. Just let me know when you want to make a move - I'll hook up the deep club discount!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey David! I don't blame you for spending time away from the Bay Area! Utah is much more interesting than Hollister :biggrin:. Just let me know when you want to make a move - I'll hook up the deep club discount!
Hey Dave,

For sure! :) I'll definitely contact you if I want to go with the rods. I like the idea of increased ground clearance, but don't need them for my tires.

-David

HikeNbike

Reaction score
Im in the market for a pair of rods..... any help for a new member?

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of increased ground clearance, but don't need them for my tires.

-David

That's the perfect scenario for the adjustable set. We can dial in a moderate 1-1/4" or so and you'll be a happy Rover! Just shoot me a pm on one of the numerous forums we frequent.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BFH, are you still making the Sasquatch rods? From the photos I've seen of them elsewhere, the benefit I can see for them over other offerings is that they are infinitely adjustable. A secondary benefit is that they are made by one of us. :smile:

Speaking of other offerings, one might consider the rods made by GN Vehicle Protection. They are two-position adjustable, allowing you to go from street mode to off-road mode with no tools.

Caveat: I have no personal experience with any of these.

Regarding installation of the rear Johnson rods and the suspension dropping, it might be a good idea to pick up a pair of plastic ramps at the local FLAPS and drive the the rear wheels on top before messing with the rods. I have a pair like these, and they hold the weight of the LR4 fine. Also good for oil changes, etc. — any time you're working under the car but don't need to take the wheels off.

ramps.jpg

Good tip!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV