Just drove it home...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just starting to scratch the surface of all of the fun stuff this truck has. It's a loaded HSE in Buckingham Blue with Alpaca.

What's the beak-in procedure? I'm planning on looking in the manual, but I'm kind of curious as to what people think about it.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HSE, sweet. Please promise us to use off road at least some of the time!

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HSE, sweet. Please promise us to use off road at least some of the time!

I've already got some mud on it! Now I just went out and found a muddy turn off and played around in it. I also almost managed to get it stuck on a slippery hill. The stock tires are really crap-tastic off-road. I managed to get the truck turned back around and found some grass to use to get some momentum and was able to get back up on the road. Too bad there really are no good tire options for the 19" wheels. I did manage to find a few. Any experience with Toyo Open Country tires?

The only version that's available in the right size

They also make a street sport version, but that's not going to help with the mud. ;-)

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the break-in period is over whenever you get it offroad for the first time LOL...

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, probably. Apparently I'm not supposed to drive over 70 for the first 500 miles. I'm also supposed to keep the revs down and avoid heavy braking.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nathan (nwoods) has a really good write-up on available tires for the LR3 on his website:

http://blog.nextstepdesigns.com/?p=46

We have the Grabbers in 18" and they are good all around tires so far (I've had them in mud, snow, etc). If you are going to do any serious off roading you might want to consider going down in wheel size to open up more tire options.

Congrats on the new ride!
Rich

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members