Just Front Driverside Air Bag Sinks over night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this has been a beaten to death subject but do read on...

Front driver side airbag deflates to about access mode height over night or even when parked for several hours.

Had this at the dealer when getting bushings replaced and 60k service. They said no leaks were found but suggested a new compressor to fix this issue.

If it's just the 1 suspension sagging, shouldn't this be a leak in that portion only and not in the compressor since the other 3 suspension are staying as normal height?

Any ideas what might cause just one to deflate over night and no others?

(BTW, it inflates at startup and stays fine while driving so I have been just living with the morning sag)

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had our LR3 in yesterday with what _might_ be a similar problem - I was getting the odd suspension fault when coming to a stop, and the driver's side would lower slightly and I'd get the roll-over icon as well; after a few seconds the fault would clear as would the icon, and all would be fine. According to the service rep the rod sensor on the driver's side was damaged or faulty, and was occasionally letting the driver's side deflate a bit - oddly it wasn't consistent, and only happened when coasting slowly to a stop. Note that I didn't get a chance to speak to the actual mechanic, just the service rep, and the translation between the two isn't always exact... However, sounds like it could present similar issues; I do keep the truck in access mode over night about 98% of the time and have thus not noticed any difference in the mornings.

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm, just made me think about another way to tell if its a leak or a sensor issue..... raise the truck over night into offroad mode... if it sinks then i guess its a leak... if it stays up then i guess its a sensor issue letting it down or something technical screwing up over a leak.

but yeah i have had the same odd messages here and there the suspension fault and the rollover lights came on a few times right when the problem started, but i havent seen them lately..

let me know what you find out if you get it fixed.

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
let me know what you find out if you get it fixed.

I brought the truck in under warranty (~50 miles remaining!); just waiting for a few replacement parts for this and other fixes. Will report back along with what the service records show. May be a week or so, since I'm also booking a loaner and it sometimes means waiting a bit (we get either loaners or taxi chits, and cabbing around in my area is a pain).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4