Just Got an '11 LR4, Who Can Answer The Most Questions??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CraigyJr

Reaction score
1. Does anyone have problems with water in their rear taillights?
2. When are you guys getting your first service, at the 15,000/year mark like the manual states?
3.Anyone know how to turn on the Daytime running lights? My dealer says only in Canada.
4. Is there anyway to make horn beep or some chirp when you arm the vehicle with the remote pad. I can only get it to beep when a door is left open. With that , anyway to make it chirp if the sunroof is left open?
5. Lastly, any advice as to wear to get carpeted OEM floormats and cheapest place for an ipod cord?

Thanks

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

No water in my tail lights.

I'm waiting until I get close to 15k before the first service. I have a little over 10k in 9 months of owneship.

Not sure about the day time running lights, but dealer is only option unless you have special equipment.

As for the horn chirp, isn't that an option in the vehicle settings accesed via the steering wheel?

What color of floor mats are looking for? I have a set of floor mats I could sell as I bought the OEM rubber mats. The dealer network is about the only source for the iPod cable. I didn't need mine and sold it already.

Good luck and welcome to the boards!

Rob

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Does anyone have problems with water in their rear taillights?
NO - you should get this fixed ASAP by dealership!

2. When are you guys getting your first service, at the 15,000/year mark like the manual states?
Always a good idea to get this done at 15,000 miles or 1.5-year, whichever comes first, someting like that. I'm getting done, why wouldn't I?

3.Anyone know how to turn on the Daytime running lights? My dealer says only in Canada.
This is true, but dealership can get them turned on, it cost me $75 dollars, other members have gotten it done for free. Try another dealership, or call Land Rover NA and complain, then have them call the dealership asking them to perform the job.

4. Is there anyway to make horn beep or some chirp when you arm the vehicle with the remote pad. I can only get it to beep when a door is left open. With that , anyway to make it chirp if the sunroof is left open?
No way to get the "horn-beep" upon locking, this is only an option in EU/ROW. You "might" be able to get the dealership to do this. If you have a door ajar and you arm and hear the "horn-beep" it's a good warning actually... so why change it?

5. Lastly, any advice as to wear to get carpeted OEM floormats and cheapest place for an ipod cord?
I'd go British Auto Utah - something like that. They pretty much have the best prices I've seen. iPod cord is always on backorder so don't get upset if they don't have it right away.

Congrats on your purchase!

curlyw

Reaction score
In regards to #4, dealer did it for me(programing), service wanted to charge me $25 for it. But my sales guy took care of it.. So the car chirp once for locking and two chirps for unlocking..

I concur with others on the other question.. Congrats on the new ride..

eaglerover

Reaction score
Land Rover Rocklin online is the best price for iPod cables..they ship the next day...

CraigyJr

Reaction score
Answers

Rob, i am looking for the black carpeted ones. Do you have a pic of your rubbe rone in your car?

My dealership spoke to the manager and said LR is not replacing these unless its holding water. I was livid 55,000 vehicle and i am suppose to be okay with water in my taillight? I will call headquarters like you guys suggested? Anyone know a number?

I will try the reprogramming with the dealer, but today they told me it cant be done, its don in canada and they tend to mess it up. I really feel like the dealership here is terrible.

Maybe because i bought it out of state.

Franky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) I saw some condensation in my drivers side tail light, and the gasket on my pass. side blinker is letting water in.

2) I will change the oil around 5k.

3)The dealer can activate the DRL's

Here is the number for LRNA 800-637-6837 I believe their hrs are 8am-5pm ET

Good luck and enjoy your new ride!

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No water in tail lights or head lights.
Dealer turned on DRLs for free since it was under one year as per dealer. Took them about an hour.
No idea about chirps while locking/ unlocking, but I would like to have my LR4 do that if possible.
Oil change at 15 k for " normal" driving and at 10k if you do a lot of off roading and "heavy driving"

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I don't have a picture as of now, but if I go out to my truck at lunch I can snap a few shots. Been wanting to try out the camera on the new Motorola Xoom that my wife got me.

I have the light color interior, so my old carpet mats won't work for you anyway. I took them out of the truck 3 days after ownership and put the rubber ones in and don't ever plan on changing them back.

Rob

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just spoke with my LR dealer. They said they CAN program the car to "chirp" upon locking/unlocking. Taking the car in this afternoon to be programmed. $65 programing fee.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635