Just Got an '11 LR4, Who Can Answer The Most Questions??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kind of like the stealth mode of not having a chirp when the car locks and unlocks. I can still tell my LR4 locks as the mirrors fold in when I hit the button on the door handle.

Rob

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What bugs me is that LR doesn't tell you about the different things that can be "programed". There is no detailed mention of anything in the owners manual as far as I can tell. They also charge you to activate features that come pre activated on most other cars like Lexus, MB, BMW... That said, I still think that LR is superior to any of those vehicles.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, when we bought my wife's Lexus there was a list of optional programming that the dealer said they would turn on/off for us with in the first month of ownership. They did say it would be a one time deal though, and that we would have to pay an additional fee if we changed our mind after having them toggle it the first time.

I'm sure there are all sorts of goodies in there if we only knew where to find them.

Rob

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, when we bought my wife's Lexus there was a list of optional programming that the dealer said they would turn on/off for us with in the first month of ownership. They did say it would be a one time deal though, and that we would have to pay an additional fee if we changed our mind after having them toggle it the first time.
Do you still have the list? It would be nice to know what can be programmed by the dealer.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a list for the Land Rover. The list was for my wife's Lexus. did you need the list for the Lexus? It will only cover one model/year combination, so even if you have a Lexus it might not be the same list for yours.

Rob

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a list for the Land Rover. The list was for my wife's Lexus. did you need the list for the Lexus? It will only cover one model/year combination, so even if you have a Lexus it might not be the same list for yours.
Oops -- misread your post. It would be nice to know what all can be programmed for the LR4 though.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes Crewcabrob is right about Lexus. I owned several Lexi before switching to LR. They give you a list called "driver's prefered settings" and you pick and choose which settings you want or don't want and they will activate them for free at the one month service. With LR I have NO IDEA what can or cannot be activated. I think the dealer doesn't either bc when I call about something they have to research it and call me back with an answer. I will let you guys know how the "chirp" thing works out. I like to get an audible confirmation that the doors are locked as I do not have the Lux package were my mirrors fold in when the car is locked.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kind of like the stealth mode of not having a chirp when the car locks and unlocks. I can still tell my LR4 locks as the mirrors fold in when I hit the button on the door handle.

Rob

I like the chirp, but after realizing that the chirp is a "warning" that one of your doors isn't closed, made me like not having it since I stop the car and escape pretty quickly and if I don't hear the chirp when locking, I don't have to worry about something ajar. But if I hear the chirp, I return to the car to see if I left something open. But the chirp is pretty cool. Hmmm...

Last edited:

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got My LR back from the dealer and $65 later it chirps once for locking and twice for unlocking. I like that, but I do not like the fact that they charge for options that came with the car and you already paid for!?!?!?!?!?!

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got My LR back from the dealer and $65 later it chirps once for locking and twice for unlocking. I like that, but I do not like the fact that they charge for options that came with the car and you already paid for!?!?!?!?!?!

What's wrong with them charging you? This is NOT an OPTION for US models! It's even noted as such in your US manual.

So why do you feel you're entitled for something for free? Do you work for free? Companies add options into pretty much everything you buy that you CANNOT access because they're for other markets. It's called, business.

Anyway, I sure hope you didn't act this way at the dealership. :dontknow:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635