Just picked up my new '13 Corris Gray HSE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SHS14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Quijote ... I ordered through Dayton, OH Land Rover. Your local dealership may not have anymore allocations for '13s or they just don't want to order anymore.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Quijote ... I ordered through Dayton, OH Land Rover. Your local dealership may not have anymore allocations for '13s or they just don't want to order anymore.

Well that sucks!. I will call around for 2013's allocations then. I can't wait until December for an LR4. I don't mind driving across the country.

Would you mind sharing if he offered a good deal? You can PM me if you want.

Thanks!

SHS14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our local dealer has gone above and beyond to get us what we wanted. It's been great.

Each dealer gets an allocation for build months (October is currently open). The allocation is some permutation of all the LR vehicles, so it's possible that a dealer could have no slots for LR4s or Evoque's or RR/RRS. Something to note is from their perspective, they may not want to special order if they have 10 LR4s on the lot to sell. Dealer trade could be an option ... salesman could call LR and have them pull a list of vehicles with 'must have' options. Price may or may not go up dependent on trans charges. Good luck!

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our local dealer has gone above and beyond to get us what we wanted. It's been great.

Each dealer gets an allocation for build months (October is currently open). The allocation is some permutation of all the LR vehicles, so it's possible that a dealer could have no slots for LR4s or Evoque's or RR/RRS. Something to note is from their perspective, they may not want to special order if they have 10 LR4s on the lot to sell. Dealer trade could be an option ... salesman could call LR and have them pull a list of vehicles with 'must have' options. Price may or may not go up dependent on trans charges. Good luck!

I can understand that, but I specifically asked them the question given my wish for a September delivery. Knowing it was feasible (just not through them), to knowingly push me to the next year is unethical IMO.

SHS14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Late model '13s will sell for cheaper ... refreshed '14s will sell for sticker or higher. They will get more money out of you if they sell you a '14.

May need to look for another dealer if possible

Last edited:

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Late model '13s will sell for cheaper ... refreshed '14s will sell for sticker or higher. They will get more money out of you if they sell you a '14.

May need to look for another dealer if possible

Yup. I'll be busy tonight, but will be placing many calls tomorrow.

costelj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait, what? I was told weeks ago no more 2013's!!! How can this be? Who did you order from?
I've been told the same thing out west. No orders, period.

Yup. I'll be busy tonight, but will be placing many calls tomorrow.
I hope for your sake that you aren't in a "protected" area with that dealer. For me, there is only one LR dealer in the state, and my zip code prevents me from buying an LR from any other dealer except that one. As a result, my selection is extremely limited. With that said, at least my dealer has been ethical and upfront about everything.

SHS14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember MA being that way. I used to live there and ended up going up NH to do car shopping and as far as Maine.

For the record, my dealer modified one of their September orders to my specs. He could have called LR and fought for an October LR4 allocation from another dealer, so he says. But i guess It's plausible that no one got October allocations for LR4s.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still love the fact that LRs aren't so mass that you can get them anymore, anytime like BMWs and Mercs. It really does make this brand so much more special. Me love LRs... period.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635