Just picked up my new '13 Corris Gray HSE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back. I bought it from him too! Super nice guy. So was the manager. I saw the manager change an existing order to my order right in front of me.

Funny, BOTH seemed sure that it was a bad move to offer the SC V6 without shedding 1,000lbs of weight and in fact were concerned that some people would be unhappy.

Anyway, they matched the deal I had at Sudbury. I didn't feel like haggling, so I am just glad I am getting the V8.

It was confirmed however, that Orkney is no longer available, so I had to go with Corris, which I find to be a prettier color than Orkney, just darker than I wanted for the black pkg. Oh well.

So in the end, this is not a thread hijack, because I am getting a Corris gray LR4.:biggrin:

Corris does look better than Orkney on an LR4 :biggrin:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back. I bought it from him too! Super nice guy. So was the manager. I saw the manager change an existing order to my order right in front of me.

Funny, BOTH seemed sure that it was a bad move to offer the SC V6 without shedding 1,000lbs of weight and in fact were concerned that some people would be unhappy.

Anyway, they matched the deal I had at Sudbury. I didn't feel like haggling, so I am just glad I am getting the V8.

It was confirmed however, that Orkney is no longer available, so I had to go with Corris, which I find to be a prettier color than Orkney, just darker than I wanted for the black pkg. Oh well.

So in the end, this is not a thread hijack, because I am getting a Corris gray LR4.:biggrin:
Hey Quijote,

Congratulations - so glad it worked out for you. Sounds like it all fell into place nicely. I am willing to bet you will get it a bit early. Be sure to keep us posted - I'm so excited for you!

Regards, David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a Corris grey with the black package.

1_600.jpg
Wow, this is the first time I have seen a good photo of Corris Gray and I LOVE it with the black design package - has such a classic look! Looks beautiful! I am now envious. ;-)

Remind me, what color interior did you get?

-David

costelj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! :smile: Glad it worked out for you. Mine is scheduled for delivery on 12 Oct, but since its targeted for a customer the dealer said it would show up early. We can't wait!!

Same here. My "official" date is Oct 20 or so. But he said to expect mid to late September.

Thank you BOTH for the heads up that this method is even an option. I spoke with my dealer today and we are either going to find a vehicle I want that is "in transit" or add the features I want to an order they have coming in October. I hope to have something finalized early next week.

Very cool!

SHS14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad I could contribute. We're fortunate to have a good dealer here. I was very cautious when we walked in since they are a low, volume location, but they have been 100% honest with everything.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, this is the first time I have seen a good photo of Corris Gray and I LOVE it with the black design package - has such a classic look! Looks beautiful! I am now envious. ;-)

Remind me, what color interior did you get?

-David

Thanks. I'm getting Arabica seats. We need beige carpeting because of our lab, but I want dark sets for the kids.

Only options are 19" black design pkg and heavy duty pkg. Well, and the fact that it's a LUX.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks awesome, it'll look even better with the steering wheel on the correct side. :smile: Great pick.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm getting Arabica seats. We need beige carpeting because of our lab, but I want dark sets for the kids.

Only options are 19" black design pkg and heavy duty pkg. Well, and the fact that it's a LUX.
Hey Quijote,

You ordered the EXACT build that I have on my 2013 (except for the interior color). I LOVE the Arabica seats, so beautiful. :)

I love my Fuji White, but man that Corris Gray is awesome .... Almost a bit like the gun metal gray look of the Defender.

When I am in MA during one of my visits I will have to check out your LR4!

I will be eagerly awaiting status updates on your order. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635