Just picked up my new '13 Corris Gray HSE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that sucks!. I will call around for 2013's allocations then. I can't wait until December for an LR4. I don't mind driving across the country.

Would you mind sharing if he offered a good deal? You can PM me if you want.

Thanks!
If you are able to order through a dealership here in the SF Bay area (we have several), then I volunteer to drive your new truck back East :) Hehe!

I actually thought about driving my truck across country to MA for the holidays.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are able to order through a dealership here in the SF Bay area (we have several), then I volunteer to drive your new truck back East :) Hehe!

I actually thought about driving my truck across country to MA for the holidays.

I drove across the country three-times. It's an amazing experience. Exhausting though. But well worth the experience. I remember having a blow-out in Arkansas. And the AAA guy actually put on a new tire completely by hand. No fancy machines... just a set of tools and crow-bar. And when he was doing this work, I observed his family, a wife and small child, sitting in his truck, patiently waiting, and realized how difficult life can be for so many. His hands were literally weathered from his work... cut, bruised and scarred. I gave the guy a $50 dollar tip.

costelj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still love the fact that LRs aren't so mass that you can get them anymore, anytime like BMWs and Mercs. It really does make this brand so much more special. Me love LRs... period.
I understand what you mean, but I probably won't share your sentiment until after I settle on one. :) Right now it's a bit of a pain.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha! Called Hanover LR and they had an allocation. They will actually reconfigure an order they just placed and I will get it Late September (early October at the latest, he said).

I'm on my way there in a few minutes.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha! Called Hanover LR and they had an allocation. They will actually reconfigure an order they just placed and I will get it Late September (early October at the latest, he said).

I'm on my way there in a few minutes.

I bought mine from Craig Schuman at LR Hanover last month. He was very nice and helpful. I hear everybody there is really nice. If you deal with him, you can mention me (Axel, French guy, certified 2010 black LR4)
Glad for you!!!

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought mine from Craig Schuman at LR Hanover last month. He was very nice and helpful. I hear everybody there is really nice. If you deal with him, you can mention me (Axel, French guy, certified 2010 black LR4)
Glad for you!!!

Just got back. I bought it from him too! Super nice guy. So was the manager. I saw the manager change an existing order to my order right in front of me.

Funny, BOTH seemed sure that it was a bad move to offer the SC V6 without shedding 1,000lbs of weight and in fact were concerned that some people would be unhappy.

Anyway, they matched the deal I had at Sudbury. I didn't feel like haggling, so I am just glad I am getting the V8.

It was confirmed however, that Orkney is no longer available, so I had to go with Corris, which I find to be a prettier color than Orkney, just darker than I wanted for the black pkg. Oh well.

So in the end, this is not a thread hijack, because I am getting a Corris gray LR4.:biggrin:

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a Corris grey with the black package.

1_600.jpg

SHS14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back. I bought it from him too! Super nice guy. So was the manager. I saw the manager change an existing order to my order right in front of me.

Funny, BOTH seemed sure that it was a bad move to offer the SC V6 without shedding 1,000lbs of weight and in fact were concerned that some people would be unhappy.

Anyway, they matched the deal I had at Sudbury. I didn't feel like haggling, so I am just glad I am getting the V8.

It was confirmed however, that Orkney is no longer available, so I had to go with Corris, which I find to be a prettier color than Orkney, just darker than I wanted for the black pkg. Oh well.

So in the end, this is not a thread hijack, because I am getting a Corris gray LR4.:biggrin:

Awesome! :smile: Glad it worked out for you. Mine is scheduled for delivery on 12 Oct, but since its targeted for a customer the dealer said it would show up early. We can't wait!!

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! :smile: Glad it worked out for you. Mine is scheduled for delivery on 12 Oct, but since its targeted for a customer the dealer said it would show up early. We can't wait!!

Same here. My "official" date is Oct 20 or so. But he said to expect mid to late September.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Really happy for you. Yes Mike the manager is really nice too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635