killin me!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shmoo235

Reaction score
Good morning all, here's one for the brains out there. Newly purchased 98 Disco 1. Had a sticky injector dumping fuel, added injector cleaner hoping for a clean up to no avail. Removed the entire injector rail cleaned, tested all injectors replaced the sticky one reinstalled all ran beautifully. Several days running around paying attention to everything, very hot day yesterday started to overheat got home before it got too high. Realized no aux fan coming on. Tested fans both worked fine figured must be fan switch. Have a spare truck that was running fine so I took the switch from that one and put it on new truck. All clean and tighty go to start runs ridiculously rough and dies. Starts, immediately dies. I can hold the gas down and get it racing but after a sec it dies. Blowing "gassy" smoke very rich smelling. Checked fuel flow(new pump) to rail all good. Something went wrong and for the life of me I am stumped. Swapped out airflow meter from other truck....same....went back to orig fan switch....same...Anyone out there have any ideas much appreciated.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Check your cats, betting the raw fuel that you were dumping has killed at least one cat.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4