KYB - GR-2 on 99 Disco II - Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi

Quick question if anyone has installed these on their Disco?...Being a shock newbie, I bought the rears for installation which my local mechanic will do (works cheap!). They are nitrogen filled as my question is (forgive my ingnorance) there seems to be alot of play. The instructions call for pumping the piston before assembly so wondering if this is normal. I guess the question is how much tension when you do this is normal.

Thanks for the help
CL

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Wish I could help Charlie, but 1) I haven't even heard of these shocks till you mentioned them the other day, and 2) the only reason they may require priming so to speak is if they have a seal inside them to prevent the nitrogen from leaking or something while in storage.

Charlie L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shocks Again

Hey Joey

Thanks as the shocks are Made in Japan and seemed to be used on Landcruisers amonst other cars. Will let you know how I make out with them. Yes that was the explanation concerning the priming while in storage.

Enjoy

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak