L322 coolant level question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David993S

Reaction score
My '08 L322 with 89k miles displays the "Check Coolant Level" message. The coolant level is fine, and I recently installed a new sensor at the bottom of the expansion tank as recommended to cure this common problem...….but the message still come on.
Any ideas why?
Thanks.

RoverGhost

Reaction score
I replaced the tank and sensor on my LR3 after just the sensor the shop had said it was not worth the trouble to do it twice.

David993S

Reaction score
I replaced the tank and sensor on my LR3 after just the sensor the shop had said it was not worth the trouble to do it twice.

Thanks Ghost. Sounds like you're saying the tank may also need to be replaced, not just the sensor. I tend to agree...……not worth the trouble. Even though a new tank and sensor isn't very costly, I check fluids and pressures regularly anyway.

Rover Runner

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've just got to put in my 2 cents worth. The coolant recovery tank is a joke. No intelligent engineer would ever put the sensor at the bottom of a tank that if cracked, would not indicate a high heat condition. Cost me $4,000 to replace the heads when I ran out of coolant and there was no warning on the console. Be aware of the potential problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM