Land Rover Experience - Asheville

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

di_LR3_co

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone been on the Land Rover Experience in Asheville NC? Or any LRE for that matter? Was thinking about going to the one in Asheville, but thought I would get some insight into opinions and experiences before I drop $800 for the day.

Thanks.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do a search here in this forum. There was a gentleman who did it about a year ago and loved it. There was a brief writeup and some photos if I recall....

MarkJD

Reaction score
I've been to the Asheville LR Experience. I did the two hour thing with an incredibly knowledgable LR person by the name of Josh Williams and my wife. This was about 6 weeks ago. Last week another buddy of mine visited the Biltmore Estate and did the Land Rover Experience with Josh (at my suggestion) and did the 6 hour trip where you go on the west side of the estate (about 4000 acres).

I can whole-heartedly endorce this LR venue. I've done many LR related functions, and this was one of the best in no small part due to Josh Williams and his overly extensive knowledge about LRs. I actually didn't drive, but spent my two hours in the backseat asking Josh LR3 related questions while he instructed my wife off-road. If you do it, ask for Josh and tell him that Mark Douglas suggested that you have him guide you. I promise that you won't be disappointed.

Mark

P.S. Josh is apparently a "higher up" within the P.R. department of LR and it sounds like he does quite a bit of traveling. I therefore definitely think it worth it to make sure that he's available before you book your trip in Asheville.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done Carmel and Montebello. The former was great, the latter was alright except that it takes about an hour (round trip) to get to the trails and that is included in the charged-time so it's not exactly cost-effective.

The LR does great when it's dry; have yet to try this stuff when it's wet but I imagine the Goodyears make it tough to go anywhere with that less-than-aggressive tread pattern.

kosta

Reaction score
I've done Carmel and Montebello. The former was great, the latter was alright except that it takes about an hour (round trip) to get to the trails and that is included in the charged-time so it's not exactly cost-effective.

The LR does great when it's dry; have yet to try this stuff when it's wet but I imagine the Goodyears make it tough to go anywhere with that less-than-aggressive tread pattern.

I did Montebello in early April - we got a light snowfall the weekend I was there - it was fantastic! I got a 4-hour session included with my LR3 purchase - but they did not deduct the travel time to the actual trail site. My instructor was great, and with the wet mud/snow i really got to put the truck through it's paces...I totally recommend it.

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LRE Carmel

I did the Carmel LRE last spring. It was really muddy, trails were greasy. I had to work pretty hard to get the truck stuck, but I eventually made it happen. The Goodyears were ok, but the LR3 was really making the tires look better than they were.

I wanted to get some winching instruction, so I was trying to get stuck. The LR3 was pretty impressive.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm....that's amazing considering I've gotten my truck stuck in my Dad's backyard. Granted, I was being really careless and that was before my locking-rear-diff got replaced so I don't even know if it was working....but still.

I need to do Carmel again when it's wet !

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Kosta

Did you go to the trails at Kanauk (that's where most of the transit-driving took place) or did the snow/mud make the obstacle course closer to base challenging enough that there was no need to go (to Kanauk)? ...did you do/see the log-bridge?

Thanks.

My overall impression is that Carmel is a better course.

kosta

Reaction score
Did you go to the trails at Kanauk (that's where most of the transit-driving took place) or did the snow/mud make the obstacle course closer to base challenging enough that there was no need to go (to Kanauk)? ...did you do/see the log-bridge?

Thanks.

My overall impression is that Carmel is a better course.

i actually went to both Kanauk and the course closer to the resort itself...i didn't see the log bridge though (they were being as careful as possible due to the snow falling while we were out on the course)....i'm thinking of going back again in the summer, or trying out the North Carolina course.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9