Last warranty service - Report

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umberto, your report has been helpful as I compile my own set of "final check" items for my 2011 LR4 HSE. I'm at 41K but have some big road trips planned for the upcoming weeks so 50K is approaching fast.

I had my trusted indie shop do some tire service for me this week and while it was up on the lift I asked them to go over it for the express purpose of identifying any potential warranty items. I specifically asked them to look at the bushings and ball joints. I high-fived myself when my tech called to say "your truck is in great, great shape-- no major issues found."

One minor item I noticed was verified by the tech. I have a bit of a dimple/gap at the very center of my windshield cowl (the rubber seal at the base of the windshield just below where the wipers rest). He believes this is replacement-worthy under warranty and I will press it with the dealership. I have also noted the emissions recall update that I don't think has been done yet. I had my peeling key fobs re-skinned during a prior service visit along with replacement of a faulty hood switch. Records show water pump was already replaced at 24K.

Other stuff is wear-related or regular maintenance. I've got about 3mm of rotors left on the front brakes. The service records don't show any front brake service to date. If true, that indicates some astonishing longevity...or a previous owner who was not as much of a spirited driver as I am! Rear pads/rotors were replaced at 28K by the previous owner.

My indie guys are recommending an induction service just before my next oil change (which I will do myself, armed w/knowledge from your video and a box of gear from Amazon Prime).

Loving my Landy and planning to take care of her so she serves me well for many more miles and adventures! Thanks again to you and others who share valuable knowledge on the forum. --Chris

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4