LCA Skid Plates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
I should have bought them back in the days when Prospeed was making cool stuff. They were a tad pricey, but they were the only ones who made them. No longer available... Maybe someone can make something similar.

1687266072668.png
1687266255529.png

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't these just decrease clearance?
Only by the thickness of the plates themselves. So probably around 1/4".

I always thought they were kind of a joke but I've actually got caught on my a-arms while off road before so now I see the utility.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Mine gets sand blasted on my desert runs. So, the aluminum plates do have a purpose.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It keeps things from getting hung up in the "hole" between the legs of the arm, so makes it easier to slide over stuff. I would think 4mm of alu would take a reasonable beating, but the purpose is to make the bottom "smooth", more than protecting the LCAs themselves (they seem pretty darn beefy to me).

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It keeps things from getting hung up in the "hole" between the legs of the arm, so makes it easier to slide over stuff. I would think 4mm of alu would take a reasonable beating, but the purpose is to make the bottom "smooth", more than protecting the LCAs themselves (they seem pretty darn beefy to me).
We’ve had some people snap their LCAs but it seems to be mostly a problem with poly bushings.

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got the ones from APT and been happy with them. They’ve done their job on some rocky trails I’ve been down. For whatever reason the APT site seems to be down. Not sure if it’s still around. Here’s the YouTube link though:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72