Lease Rates and Invoice Prices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crazedtexn

Reaction score
Hi All,

Read the forum a lot, don't post much because I don't have my LR4 yet...but seriously considering. Currently have an X5, and I really like it, but the family needs more room.

I'm curious, I don't see a lot of information on lease rates (money factors, residuals), invoice prices, etc. I did search, but most threads that I did find were quite dated.

Am I missing it somewhere?

Thanks all, you seem like quite a nice group and there is some great info on here.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I came from an X5 myself. Not sure what year your X5 is, but just to warn you.. the electronics system as a whole (infotainment, etc) will feel like it is from the stone age, comparatively. Going from my 2012 X5 to my 2013 LR4 felt like the LR was a decade older. It leaves a lot to be desired.

You are after space though, and the LR4 has that in spades. The configurability of the 7 seater is amazing. You will not be disappointed.

I assume you are looking for new? I am not sure if it has changed recently, but in years past the LR4 wasn't very high production and would move pretty quickly off dealer lots. I don't think you would get very big discounts off MSRP. I have been out of the market for a few years though, so I am sure someone else can better answer this.

Crazedtexn

Reaction score
I came from an X5 myself. Not sure what year your X5 is, but just to warn you.. the electronics system as a whole (infotainment, etc) will feel like it is from the stone age, comparatively. Going from my 2012 X5 to my 2013 LR4 felt like the LR was a decade older. It leaves a lot to be desired.

You are after space though, and the LR4 has that in spades. The configurability of the 7 seater is amazing. You will not be disappointed.

I assume you are looking for new? I am not sure if it has changed recently, but in years past the LR4 wasn't very high production and would move pretty quickly off dealer lots. I don't think you would get very big discounts off MSRP. I have been out of the market for a few years though, so I am sure someone else can better answer this.

Yes, I've already realized the infotainment is just a dinosaur. Size, functionality, resolution. All poor at best. Acceleration isn't the same, handling isn't the same, braking isn't the same. But the LR4 is a very nice vehicle, I really like it. Just different.

As far as price, I would just like some transparency. The price is the price I negotiate, not worried about below/at/above invoice, bc games can be played with all of those. But what I'm not ok with is playing the payment game. I don't buy cars on payment, I buy them on price, whether lease or purchase, so I'm struggling on that.

machmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Within 10 minutes of being at any LR dealership they will tell you they will not negotiate off of MSRP. You get what is listed on the sticker period. However, they do give you a hat and tumbler coffee cup.

jettore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not true they will not negotiate off MSRP, they just wont give much. The dealer we used also preferred to make the deal better by giving more on the trade then off MSRP. We got $1000 of the sticker and after some negotiating got another $500 for the trade on what I thought was already a very good trade in value.

OP, call your dealer and ask them who they lease through and what the money factor and residuals are. They should give you the info. We didnt lease the LR4 but my business car I did and called the dealer and they gave me the info before I went in. I negotiated the price over the phone too. Just had to go a sign and pickup the car.

VTBike

Reaction score
I've purchased quite a few vehicles over the years, and have negotiated well on all of them. When I bought my LR4 last week, it was the first vehicle I payed sticker for. Here in the NW, I called 3 places. The best I got was $500 off sticker on a new landmark. My local dealer wouldn't budge. When it came down to it, for $68k I really didn't care about $500 anyway, and would rather just save my energy and keep the conversation light and happy. Also incidentally was the best vehicle buying experience i've ever had...lol.

I didn't get the mug! But I did get a carbon fiber pen, and 2 "genuine leather" LR keychains... one in black and one in brown.. ha!

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Came from a 2015 X5 to the 2016.5 LR4. The X5 makes me think that LR might be Amish. However, After over 10k miles, I am still thinking I made the right choice.

One dealer in our state and came down very slightly on price - preferred to give more on trade. But like VTB said - it was one of the best buying experiences.

VTBike

Reaction score
I've never driven the X5, but i've spent considerable time in a '15 and '16 Audi Q5. IMO, the LR4 interface is just so much easier to use.. The Audi is just a PIA. I can imagine/hope the BMW interface is better than the Audi. Overall though, I think it does everything it needs to.

RE: handling - I'd never expect the LR4 to handle like an X5, its a different weight/size class. I was pleasantly surprised by how good the braking is in the Lr4 considering its size, and was also impressed with the handling, relatively speaking. The only thing I can truly compare it to in what might be a similar category, is a 2010 Tundra that I owned for a while. The LR4 handily beats it in every category.

Crazedtexn

Reaction score
Yeah, not expecting it to handle like my X5 with an msport and adaptive. No disillusion on that. Definitely a different vehicle. But what I like about the LR4 is that it does have a level of sophistication that I can't seem to find in other vehicles. Certainly unique in at regard, to vtbike's point. Drives better than anything else its size, without question.

The Amish quote is a gem though hayseed. That is how I feel about it! Still choking on that a bit.

Thanks all for feedback.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9