Leather care

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys use Conolly or some other brand like Zeno? I've got premium leather, which is softer than the base so if that needs a different leather cleaner/conditioner, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

weingarm

Reaction score
I would probably use Lexol cleaner followed by Lexol conditioner. It doesn't leave any shiny residue and works really well. I used it on my BMW 335xi and it worked great. Haven't got my LR4 LUX yet, although when it arrives, I will have the same premium leather you have.

See link:
http://www.lexol.com/Category_leather.aspx

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the Oxford Leather in my wife's FFRR, I have found that the Leather Master's kit from the dealer works very well. It is a cleaner and a protectant, on the basis of that the leather is sprayed and does not need deep conditioning. The recently upgraded the LR kit from Eagle One to Leather Masters.....

On the rhino hide leather in my LR3, Zymol leather cleaner followed by Griots Leather Care worked the best. I always applied it on a really hot day, and the leather absorbed everybit of the conditioner. After awhile, the leather still felt like rhino-hide, but it was now very soft rhino-hide.

standows

Reaction score
I've used the Zaino care products on all my cars since 2006 and have never looked back. I really enjoy that the finish looks clean without being greasy. The leather soaks in the moisture and keeps it soft and clean for months.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'll give Lexol a go.

Franky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before you order you may want to try Leatherique.

http://www.leatherique.com/

They have been around for a very long time, and in my opinion the best product out there for leather. I'm a detailer at heart, always wanting to have the cleanest cars etc. I've used Lexol before and thought it was good, until I used this stuff. I used it on my '91 corvette last season. The vette is a garage queen with 10k on it. The leather was starting to feel hard. I used leatherique, cleaned,conditioned, and the leather is really soft. The only downside is that it does take sometime to do it properly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM