Leather Dash Peeling/Pulling Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kbutler1

Reaction score
c428de6acdeddb0579472c191337ad38.jpg

Hi all, anyone else have this issue? The leather has literally pulled away from being tucked in. I live in Minnesota and while we get some sun, it’s not I live down south or out west where it gets extremely hot. Vehicle is mostly parked in garage but does get parked outside every so often.
I took it to my dealer and they quoted somewhere in the neighborhood of $4k to fix! 10-12 hours of labor and the dash is $2700.

Anyone else know a cheaper fix? May need to talk to an automotive upholstery company here to see if they have any ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kbutler1

Reaction score
Thanks! Now that I think about it, I did see that post but my peeling looks a little different from his. My only hope is that it doesn't progress to the state his was in.

I have reached out to Land Rover Customer Care. My feeling is that this is a product defect and not normal wear and tear.

Last edited:

Kbutler1

Reaction score
I still have CPO warranty but was told at dealership that the CPO doesn't cover trim pieces.

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yikes. I'd argue that the dash coming out isn't a "trim piece"...that's a pretty significant piece. I don't know if they have a TSB on this or not but if they do it should be CPO covered in that case.

backcountryLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have gotten 2 custom made steering wheel replacements under my CPO warranty. (the first one had the wrong wiring harness). My heated steering wheel stopped working, and there were no spares in the whole world, so Land Rover had to make one(and then another) from scratch. I'm sure they did a run of them to create a supply.

But if it is a LR dealer, that CPO is bumper to bumper. At least that is how I have been treated by my dealer(and I didn't even buy my LR there, mine was sold from MSP funny enough and then I bought it CPO at 10 months old from a dealer in Milwaukee and drove it home). They get paid regardless, so take it to another dealer which I believe there are multiple in Minneapolis/St Paul.

Kbutler1

Reaction score
There used to be more than 1 dealership but not anymore, down to only 1.

The service manager printed off the CPO coverage and we talked about the issue pretty extensively. CPO technically excludes all of these Interior Items: Carpet, leather, upholstery, soft trim, wood trim, trim adjustments, fabric and headliner, rear view mirror, dash pads, knobs, buttons, interior fittings and storage compartments, squeaks and rattles.

I am escalating to Land Rover Customer Care in hopes to continue to influence.

iconoclast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
G'damn... I haven't seen this issue since I owned a Discovery II. I would contact LRUSA directly if the dealership is not willing to work with you on the issue. At a minimum if no resolution is reach for a complete warranty repair I would suggest having them pick up the labor you pay for replacement part.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9