LED Off Road Light Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any off road light bars installed? Rigid LED lights, for example? This is a mod I'd definitely like to get to eventually. Just starting to look at different setups, wondering if anyone on here has anything similar. Height is an issue for me as I need to squeeze into two parking garages on a daily basis, otherwise I would be looking at safari racks with light bars.

I have attached some photo samples of what I'm looking for, and unfortunately none are on an LR4! I really like the idea of mounting it above the windshield, because it wouldn't be any taller than the top of the fin on the roof, but I'm not thrilled about the idea of drilling into the roof.

Any pictures or insight would be appreciated. Like I said, I'm really just starting to look at different setups, and it will probably be a while before I pull the trigger on this mod.

Attachments

• 9991.png.jpeg
    9991.png.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 48
  • rigid_industries_led_lighting_for_ford_f150_raptor-1.jpg
    rigid_industries_led_lighting_for_ford_f150_raptor-1.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCN0708.JPG
    DSCN0708.JPG
    346.9 KB · Views: 43

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not in love with the bars, but I'll keep my opinion to that. Try pulling the fascia trim next to the windshield to see what you can work with. Should be able to integrate a bar with minimal work into the trim pieces and tie it into the A frame.

Otherwise you could look at doing a low profile rack.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Dont have a pic on an LR3 or LR4 yet, but Nathan and I are now an authorized seller of http://www.bulldog-lighting.com/

Give Nathan a call he may be able to mount on up on an LR3/LR4 as a mock up.

502-222-5859

Here is what it looks like on the front of his D2, haven't mounted mine for better pics yet.
D2withLED.jpg

HikeNbike

Reaction score
private message me.. ill send you photos and some goodies...

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bring this thread back to life... I got busy with school and other projects, and put this on the back burner.

Right now, I am focusing on installing a pair of Rigid Industries (or similar) Dually D2 LED Spot Lights. I would like to mount them somewhere near the windshield. I have attached a photo of what I am thinking. Unfortunately, all of the brackets are meant for Jeeps. If anyone has any ideas on how to do this, please let me know. I was thinking of trying to use the A-Pillar somehow.

Also, Joey- Thanks for the suggestions. I put a call into Nathan and he is working on some ideas for me. Hopefully I will hear back from him soon.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• rig40331-2.jpg
    rig40331-2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 44
  • D2Wide-XL.jpg
    D2Wide-XL.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 49

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am eagerly awaiting your idea - hope you can come up with something. I think I am heading down to the off-road shop in San Jose this weekend to look at getting 2 pairs of RIGID Dually D2 spot lights (4 total) to mount on my 4 roof rack tabs.

I'll text you, of course, once I head down there.

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little off-topic (not a light bar), but these are pretty sweet (with the price tag to match).

Attachments

• 4493669736_f4b71beb54_b.jpg
    4493669736_f4b71beb54_b.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 113

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4