LED Signature Lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

holygrail

Reaction score
Guys...don't bother. Don't be messing with electronics, unless you're fine with possible voiding your electrical warranty.

When I first got my LR4, I had the dealer turn on the DRLs. They have load in the Canadian/European programing. When I got it back, I couldn't shut off my Xenons. They were on ALL THE TIME. Why should I cut down half the life of my headlights. Xenons are not exactly cheap and I doubt warranty covers it like in BMWs. I was upset, and the service advisors didn't know either that it was the Xenons that are the DRLs. So they didn't charge me $$ in reversing back to American Specs. I'm still getting an insurance savings, b/c my Sticker says the car has DRL...that's all I care about.

SO, bottom line...if you want to turn on your LEDs as DRLs, the dealer needs to FIRST turn on the DRLs (gotta pay $$ for that), and instead of turning on the Xenons, you bypass the Xenons for the LEDs. However, the Land Rover's mechanics probably won't do that. They will tell you that any modifications to the electricals would void your warranty, unless you have great rapport-building skills.
-Chris

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635