Lift Kit Anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was asking related questions in http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24571 just now... but what do you think of that setup/size?

How is that size at access height? Do you have a spare wheel that fits in that size? Do you have any rubbing at normal height?

mbw- The 265/65R18 tires are a good size for use with the Johnson Rods (or any of the other height adjustment systems), and these BF Goodrich All-Terrains are a good balance of everything. I've had them in sand, mud, rocks, etc., and they are still smooth and quiet on the highway.

In access height, I can drive in a straight line, but the rubbing is bad if I turn the wheel too much. I rarely use access height, so this doesn't matter to me. In normal ride height, there was VERY minimal rubbing at the frontmost part of the front wheel wells. The work was done by my dealership, and as far as I know, they trimmed or pulled back part of the wheel well liner and now there's no rubbing at all. It was very minor, and may not have bothered someone else, but it seemed like a quick fix to eliminate the rubbing.

As far as the spare goes- I have a fifth (matching) tire and wheel, which is currently sitting in the back. I haven't gotten around to deflating it and seeing if I can cram it underneath yet. I'm not sure if it can really be done, although, I would definitely like to give it a good try.

Any more questions, feel free to PM me and I'll send you my email address.

-Brandon

MilehighLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brandon,

What back space/offset did you choose on the Fuel Wheels?

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Milehigh- They are custom-drilled 18x9.0 blanks. I had the work professionally done so I couldn't tell you off the top of my head, but according to the MHT Wheels (Fuel Offroad) website, the offset is 20 and the backspacing is 5.75.

MilehighLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Milehigh- They are custom-drilled 18x9.0 blanks. I had the work professionally done so I couldn't tell you off the top of my head, but according to the MHT Wheels (Fuel Offroad) website, the offset is 20 and the backspacing is 5.75.

I figured. I had spoken with the Fuel guys in the past and they offered to drill the lug spacing and bore size but I never followed up on it . . after seeing your pix I may be reconsidering . . . . nicely done!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM