Lifted LR3 alignment question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wyrover

Reaction score
So I'm planning on buying a IID tool. If I program the suspension for a lift should I get the alignment done with the air suspension set to the lift height or I read somewhere there is a "tight tolerance mode" for a dealer service alignment. I would think I would want the suspension set at the height I will be running the vehicle on a daily basis but maybe the increased ride height won't effect the alignment. Don't know for sure. I just purchased new tires and the vehicle was pulling to the right before I had them installed and I don't want to wear out the tires.

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes if your going to run full time a lift you need alignment on it.

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, definitely get an alignment. My dealer is weird and they wouldn't touch it with rods on.

Finally found a local tire place that installs lifts on trucks and does mods that did it. I forget how much but I think it was $70ish.

Mine wasn't put in tight tolerance mode... but it straightened out my camber from the lift.

wyrover

Reaction score
So if its aligned at the new height should the stock alignment specs be used?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wyrover: Are you going to run it at the tallest height all the time? In my opinion, the beauty of the IIDTool is that you don't have to do that. You can run normal (even with 32" tires) and only go up to a taller saved setting when you're at the trail head.

If you do that you won't need an alignment.

wyrover

Reaction score
wyrover: Are you going to run it at the tallest height all the time? In my opinion, the beauty of the IIDTool is that you don't have to do that. You can run normal (even with 32" tires) and only go up to a taller saved setting when you're at the trail head.

If you do that you won't need an alignment.

I was planning on adding about a 1" lift to run full time. Mainly because I think it would look better. The front seems a little low the way it sits now. Maybe once I get the tool I'll check the heights of it now and see where they are. It might be low in the front now and needs to be adjusted and that's why it looks like it does.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Up to you....everything so far on this thread is solid advice. If you're gonna run a lift full-time then get it aligned at that height. Running larger tires doesn't drive a need for an alignment by itself, but running a lift does.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my LR4 I used to run a full time lift. 35mm front and 25mm rear to give it a flat (horizontal) look. The truck comes slightly lower on the front from the factory to help with aerodynamic...
Yes do get an alignment once you're happy with the new height.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112