Lifted LR3 ride/handling questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"You guys live in your own small forum world and don't have a national or global perspective of what going on. You think because you like to ride around in stock mode that everyone else should do the same. Sorry that's not reality. The demand for Johnson Rod lifts has grown year over year and will continue to do so."

I will totally admit that I have been totally and completely unaware of this national and global craze that has been going on.

Tictaktoe

Reaction score
I don't know why I am replying.. Pretty much everyone on the forum agrees on the basic points and we are just arguing with a sales person about an overpriced piece of wire with some grommets on the ends.

You are right.

I think everyone other than JR is questioning JR's attempt to spread information that is absolutely irrelevant to OP's question, which was specific for highways. I still dont get why is he/she posting off-road pics with every post! And then coming off by naming and judging other people rather than be able to convince someone with sound arguments.

Yes, sales of Amazon.com - Boyfriend Pillow, Blue Shirt - Body Pillows@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51PzkhbCAML.@@AMEPARAM@@51PzkhbCAMLare also increasing year over year; 2015 was huge and 2016 will be even better but does it mean anything? Yeah, may be for a few..

Johnson Rods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another episode of the "Mean Girls" forum clique where a few lonely guys with nothing to do but spend their days and nights trying to tell people what to do in order to validate themselves as important because no one else will listen to them in real life. You lack credibility when you can't be objective and use profanity to bolster yourselves.
For Christ's sake you act like teenage girls.

0black%20compo%20with%20jrod%20lift%20front%20side.jpg

http://johnsonrods.com
Johnson Rods are the best and most affordable way to lift your Land Rover

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh good grief. I am certainly not against your product. It is fine by me. As I've said, I could see myself being interested, but not at 2.5". Based on nothing but personal opinion, I think that that stretches the limits too far for daily use. It's kind of rubbed me the wrong way that all you have ever done on this forum is try to sell your one single product, no other contributions whatsoever. Many forums don't allow that, this one doesn't seem to care, which I guess makes it fine. But you and your 'business' would be so much better off if you just said that you can appreciate differences of opinion, but stand behind your product. Instead of continuing this BS. You aren't exactly rising above teenage status yourself.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WE lack credibility when we can't be objective? Are you out of your mind????

YOU are the one that deteriorates credibility by not stating facts. We've stated facts and presented opinions, labeling them as such. YOU are not objective because you are the one selling something! We have nothing to gain. You do. Pretty simple calculus.

You are a deluded person, Johnson. We have said from the start that your product is perfectly viable. We've described it as a cheaper route (when compared to an IIDTool or LLAMS) that does one thing (as opposed to the multi-functional GAP tool) and those statements are undeniable.

We have also stated that handling at highway speeds is worse with the lift. That is also a fact; that's Physics.

So tell me...who is manipulating other people? Who lacks credibility? Who is not objective?

Last edited:

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You lack credibility when you can't be objective and use profanity to bolster yourselves.
For Christ's sake you act like teenage girls.

Oops, were you referring to yourself in third person? LOL. Who started the name calling? I think it was the silly guy trying to sell stuff.

Guess what, many "Grandpas" have a lot more experience based wisdom than punks who just think "cool" supersedes reality.

You either do not understand suspension design and mathematics or you choose to lie about it for financial gain. Ignorance is forgivable, and fixable, while the latter is inexcusable and unethical.

This is clearly a case for board banning.

This is not even a question about "opinion" because some people might like the LR to handle more like a cabin cruiser loaded with 20 people for a lake party. I think you've been hung up on the arguable aspects like personal preference.

This is about basic truths which are that it's less safe and the vehicle handling dynamics are reduced.

How do you even look at yourself in the mirror telling people your rods are just as safe? That's pure nonsense.

wyrover

Reaction score
So my original intent was to find out how lifting a LR3/LR4 effects the handling. Like I mentioned after I lifted our DII it was harder to drive at highway speeds. You definitely had a learning curve to it. I didn't mind it so much as most of our driving was at slower speeds. Our LR3 is often used for our family trips and our interstate speed limit here is 80 mph. The last thing I want is a vehicle that is harder to drive because of a lift. So those of you that have a lifted LR3/LR4 I would like to hear what your experience is with a lifted vehicle traveling at 75-80 mph vs a stock height vehicle?

Codename Duchess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think we're getting away from the actual question here. Ride and handling when lifted.

I would argue that when I'm in offroad height, the ride is noticeably worse than when in stock height.

I do have a constructive question here though. I'm debating between Cooper AT/3's or ST Maxx tires. The ST Maxx are a bit bigger, I think 32" and I'm concerned what would happen if I hit the bump stops.

I read earlier in the thread you can add something to raise the bump stops?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geezus Duchess, did you just thread-jack wyrover RIGHT AFTER he tried to redirect us on this? Start a new thread! ...and that topic has been covered anyway. Get the Coopers, ok? 32s can't be run at bumpstops and adding spacers is a bad idea. Done and done.

Moving on, wyrover: I think your question was also answered. The LR3 simply doesn't handle as well with a lift. Period. The taller stance increases drag and also (in my experience) causes a bit more body roll.

If you want the best of both worlds get an IIDTool and save a setting at a taller height. You can then switch back 'n forth between your saved height and stock height in a matter of minutes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM