Little feelings about the LR4.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is cup holder in the back seat....under the center A/C vent hole, 12V DC supply.
There is a drawer, pull it out~~~ :albertein:albertein
Duh yes, sorry.... hehe... I forgot to mention that, I know it's there, but I was just saying I would have liked to have seen it in a middle arm rest that pulled down. Right now there is no middle arm rest for rear passengers, and it was really nice with the cup holders in my old ML350. Sorry.

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duh yes, sorry.... hehe... I forgot to mention that, I know it's there, but I was just saying I would have liked to have seen it in a middle arm rest that pulled down. Right now there is no middle arm rest for rear passengers, and it was really nice with the cup holders in my old ML350. Sorry.

I know what you are saying... the fold down arm rest on the center , like all the sedan...:biggrin::biggrin:

MountainPunk

Reaction score
Dealer settings vs. owner accessible?

CaptainSpalding mentioned settings only accessible to dealer... Curious about what those are

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CaptainSpalding mentioned settings only accessible to dealer... Curious about what those are

Daytime running lights, locking/unlocking chirps, pograming for tow electrics. Those are the ones I am aware of. There may be more...

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those complaining about the cup holders being too tight, my salesperson had a nice solution. He gave me a pair of the cup holder plastic inserts from the LR3. The LR3 version doesn't have the protrusions of the LR4 insert, which allows larger diameter containers. So, I use one LR4 insert and one LR3 insert.

Two other quick hacks...I attached a pouch to the top of the center console lid to hold an iPod Nano. This keeps it in the recess of the lid and lets me also keep my phone in the console. I also put some felt in the slot to the right of the gear shifter to keep my sunglasses from scratching the plastic.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those complaining about the cup holders being too tight, my salesperson had a nice solution. He gave me a pair of the cup holder plastic inserts from the LR3. The LR3 version doesn't have the protrusions of the LR4 insert, which allows larger diameter containers. So, I use one LR4 insert and one LR3 insert.

Two other quick hacks...I attached a pouch to the top of the center console lid to hold an iPod Nano. This keeps it in the recess of the lid and lets me also keep my phone in the console. I also put some felt in the slot to the right of the gear shifter to keep my sunglasses from scratching the plastic.
Hello horatio8,

Thanks for the advice, that's a great idea about getting the LR3 cup holders (or just one). I am definitely going to look into that option.

A couple minor modifications I did were as follows:

1) I put a small piece of indoor/outdoor carpet (with double-sided velcro tape) on the black plastic foot rest to the left of the brake pedal. I noticed I was getting it kind of dirty and scratched up and the small piece of carpeting works great! You can pull it out (if you use velcro) and clean or add a new piece.

2) I have a small stuffed animal dog (it's a little sentimental gift) that I stick in the hole to the right of the terrain response knob and I often use one of his paws to hit the ACCEPT button on my navigation. I am really OCD about fingerprints on the LCD screen and I was noticing that hitting ACCEPT in the same location everyday was making a fingerprint that was very difficult to wipe off. So, this solved the problem. It does not need to be a stuffed animal, but I saw someone use an iPad soft tip stylus to use on the touch screen if they do not want to get it full of fingerprints. Just an idea.

I hope this helps someone! :)

Happy 4th of July!

-David

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own LR4 for 5 days only, sure will have more things to say later, but as of now I love it.
2 things though: 1. I think front windows have to be tinted, it is getting very hot... 2. Question - is it my LR, or normal - the shifter when switch from S to D feels kind of soft, there is no crispy feel, no lock point... don't know how to express... it does not feel like it is locked in place... ?? Anybody has the same thing?

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid something like $150? .... I thought it is cheap.....
I should "threaten" my dealer too....TOO LATE:albertein:albertein
BMW's costs $250....but the only differences are BMW charge you in the total price, Land Rover let you buy it separately..

Wow... Are those covered with 18K gold? :) because I thought you can get one oh net for $5-15... Ok, $15 with shipping?!

kdegLR4

Reaction score
It never occurred to me to buy a LR supplied iPod cable. I think over the years I've accumulated 30-40 apple oe cables and put two of them in our LR4, one for the iPod connection and one for the usb connection (to charge the phone). Yes they are white rather than black, but the iPod doesn't seem to notice.

mateored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It never occurred to me to buy a LR supplied iPod cable. I think over the years I've accumulated 30-40 apple oe cables and put two of them in our LR4, one for the iPod connection and one for the usb connection (to charge the phone). Yes they are white rather than black, but the iPod doesn't seem to notice.

With the 2011 models and earlier, you have to plug the iPod into the special iPod jack, not the USB port, and it only works with the Land Rover cable. It's a big rip off and should just be included with the car, but you can't get upset about a $125 cable in the context of a $50-60k truck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72