Little feelings about the LR4.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, may be it is kind of LATE for me to write something about my car, after 6600 miles.

1, The cup holder under the passenger side A/C vent hole is gone.. I don't care that much, but my girlfriend really miss that.

2, The storing space above the glove box on the passenger side (the one below the airbag) is way small/narrow than they used to be. Make no sense to me. :confused:

3, The cargo net in the 3rd row side is also gone.

4, Cup holder is now behind the gear shifter, where used to be the terrain response system. That means the space used to be under the ashtray is also gone...And for the most important, I use small/short straw even with large drinks. large/long straw in a large Starbucks or whatever cup is just going to poke my arm every time....

5, Do you notice the windshield wiper wipes one more time 10 seconds after you use the windshield washer, to clean the water drip from the top?

6, We love the Land Rover anyway..:ahhhhh::ahhhhh: even it cost $90 to fill up, and only good for less than 300 miles......

Window tinting tomorrow; Driving lights installing Thursday....:hello:

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, I also miss the "off" button of the A/C, now it is more difficult to turn the A/C off...

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
I miss the window and seat adjustment controls being in the center, like on the Disco II.

I think the two piece tailgate is a joke. I can't reach the front of the loadspace without climbing in. I think the tailgate should open like a door, and that the hinges should be on the driver's side, dammit!

I HATE that I can't put 16 inch wheels on my "off road" vehicle.

It bugs me that the "Genuine" quick release hitch receiver costs more than having a fabrication shop make a hitch from scratch and install it.

The iPod cable $$$? C'mon now! :eek:

My dealer told me that if I wanted the HD package I'd have to special order it and wait 6-8 months. That really sizzled my sausage.

The little strips of LED running lights? That's kid stuff. Automotive styling should not be dictated by auto show aftermarket venues. It's that thinking that got us stuck with the 19" wheels.

All the settable features that are only accessible by the dealer test book and not the owner should be accessible by the owner.

And the topper: I've participated in 3 owner satisfaction surveys, and have yet to have the opportunity to voice these concerns.

Ah. I feel better now. Thanks a517458.

Last edited:

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
overall I am very satisfied with the LR4. I agree with some of the stuff mentioned earlier, but a lot of these issues should have been noticed before the truck was baught. I had a Lexus GX and I hated the fact that the tailgate opened like a door. Actually that was the major complaint a lot of people had!!! Overall I am very happy. I do not have the signature LEDs on my 2010 LR4 HSE. I have ssen them and I think they look fine.

rainmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
overall I am very satisfied with the LR4. I agree with some of the stuff mentioned earlier, but a lot of these issues should have been noticed before the truck was baught. I had a Lexus GX and I hated the fact that the tailgate opened like a door. Actually that was the major complaint a lot of people had!!! Overall I am very happy. I do not have the signature LEDs on my 2010 LR4 HSE. I have ssen them and I think they look fine.

I also came from a GX, and always hated that door. I like the LR4 tailgate / hatch much better.

As for the rest of the comments, I agree with the $100+ iPod cable...I find that pretty lame, especially considering it was included with 2010's, but not with 2011's. Fortunately, my dealer gave me mine (although I'm not sure they did it purposely.)

My biggest complaint, which I knew going in, was that you have to get the LUX package to have memory seats. I still think that should be standard on a truck costing over $50K.

Another thing I'm not especially thrilled with are roof racks being an add-on. My opinion is that all SUV's should come with a rack. The dozen or so I've owned before the LR4 all did. Again, I knew going in that I would have to buy the rack, but that doesn't mean I like it. :biggrin:

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I told my dealer he would have to throw the iPod cable in or the deal was off. I wish I thought of the hitch reciever at the time.

Marty

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I told my dealer he would have to throw the iPod cable in or the deal was off. I wish I thought of the hitch reciever at the time.

Marty

I paid something like $150? .... I thought it is cheap.....
I should "threaten" my dealer too....TOO LATE:albertein:albertein
BMW's costs $250....but the only differences are BMW charge you in the total price, Land Rover let you buy it separately..

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
I had a Lexus GX and I hated the fact that the tailgate opened like a door. Actually that was the major complaint a lot of people had!!!
I acknowledge that. In my opinion the issue isn't so much that it is a door - it's that it's hinged on the wrong side. Rear doors on Japanese (and British) SUV's hinge on the right, next to the curb, instead of on the left, next to the street. Of course, if you're in Japan or the UK they open on the proper side. Cars made for export to left hand drive countries should have left hand hinges on the rear door.

I prefer the door, then the one piece hatch, and last, the two piece tailgate. My wife can't reach the rear loadspace cover. She has to climb in to get to it.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am enjoying reading everyone's thoughts so far on the LR4. I picked up my LR4 in early February and just hit 2,800 miles. I traded in my 2009 ML 350 4Matic (fully loaded) for the the LR4. Here are my impressions / loves / dislikes:

1) I was also a bit surprised that the iPod/iPhone cable was almost $100.00. This is definitely something that should be included in the vehicle at delivery.

2) I love the visibility in the LR4, it's really easy to see everything around you and makes parking quite easy (if given a big enough parking space).

3) The cup holders are fine, but are a bit tight for some sized cups - I wish they were a little bigger. Also, I wish there were cup holders in the rear seats, beside those in the door sills. My ML had a folding arm rest in the middle with nice cup holders.

4) I like the tailgate and how it opens, my only complaint is that the top is rather heavy and difficult to close at times. It's not a big deal to me, but an automatic closing mechanism for the top would be cool.

5) I agree about the memory driver's seat on the HSE, it should be included. It's not a big deal to me because I am the only one that drives my LR4.

6) There SHOULD be roof racks included, at least standard ones in which you can add to with accessories.

7) I am still trying to figure out the climate control system, as I stated in a separate post, I need to take my truck to the dealership to test the manual mode. The fans do not seem to work properly (high enough) when it's out of AUTO mode.

8) This might be me, but I wish the covering did not go so far down near the brake and gas pedal. There are times where the top of my foot hits the covering - as I am rather tall. I don't know if I explained this properly?

Beside that, I love the truck despite the few quirks.

-David

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am enjoying reading everyone's thoughts so far on the LR4. I picked up my LR4 in early February and just hit 2,800 miles. I traded in my 2009 ML 350 4Matic (fully loaded) for the the LR4. Here are my impressions / loves / dislikes:

1) I was also a bit surprised that the iPod/iPhone cable was almost $100.00. This is definitely something that should be included in the vehicle at delivery.

2) I love the visibility in the LR4, it's really easy to see everything around you and makes parking quite easy (if given a big enough parking space).

3) The cup holders are fine, but are a bit tight for some sized cups - I wish they were a little bigger. Also, I wish there were cup holders in the rear seats, beside those in the door sills. My ML had a folding arm rest in the middle with nice cup holders.

4) I like the tailgate and how it opens, my only complaint is that the top is rather heavy and difficult to close at times. It's not a big deal to me, but an automatic closing mechanism for the top would be cool.

5) I agree about the memory driver's seat on the HSE, it should be included. It's not a big deal to me because I am the only one that drives my LR4.

6) There SHOULD be roof racks included, at least standard ones in which you can add to with accessories.

7) I am still trying to figure out the climate control system, as I stated in a separate post, I need to take my truck to the dealership to test the manual mode. The fans do not seem to work properly (high enough) when it's out of AUTO mode.

8) This might be me, but I wish the covering did not go so far down near the brake and gas pedal. There are times where the top of my foot hits the covering - as I am rather tall. I don't know if I explained this properly?

Beside that, I love the truck despite the few quirks.

-David

There is cup holder in the back seat....under the center A/C vent hole, 12V DC supply.
There is a drawer, pull it out~~~ :albertein:albertein

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72