Location of AC Fan Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pikulone

Reaction score
I have 96 Discovery 1. I am looking for the location of the auxiliary fan sensor. I found a sensor on the left side of the engine above a water plug.
What is the function of this particular sensor?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why are you looking for it, are your fans not working? I believe that as with the D2, the ECU turns on the fans based on temp readings and or if the a.c is on.

Pikulone

Reaction score
Location of Auxiliary Fan Sensor

Thank you for responding. I have gone through all the schematics and available sources. I simply need an answer about the location of this sensor. I am familiar with the other threads dealing with temperature problems. If you can, please give me an answer to my question. Jerry

Donjames911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Condenser fans

Unless my training was useless, a quality VOM used directly on the fan contacts behind the grill will tell the true story. :hmpf:

Pikulone

Reaction score
Fans work with AC/not when AC off or ignition off

Thank you for offering your help. The fans work. They come on with AC. They do not come on when ignition is off and a heat condition exists. Under the latter conditions I have very high engine compartment temperature while dashboard meter does not show a temperature problem. Drives me insane, so to speak.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a scanner, if so, what temps are you talking about.
Do the fans come on with the ignition on?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99