Looking for a 19" off road tire.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed the 60 profile Toyo at3’s on factory 19” rims 255/60/19, and they ride great. The spare fits perfectly, a bit squeaky but it gets in there fully inflated.

they are as quiet as the worn contis if not quieter.

happy camper all round.

measuring the sidewall it went up from 3 7/8” to 4 1/4” by going up to a 60 profile from a 55.

Last edited:

AGLR4

Reaction score
@Stuart Barnes thanks for posting your experience. I plan to get the same set of tires in a few days. Thought the heat shield might need to be moved slightly to fit the spare, but nice to hear it fits without that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Stuart Barnes thanks for posting your experience. I plan to get the same set of tires in a few days. Thought the heat shield might need to be moved slightly to fit the spare, but nice to hear it fits without that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
My spare didn't end up fitting inflated. Maybe I just need to finesse it in a little more, or just inflate it while it's up there. Sick of seeing the TPMS light on during initial engine start.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My spare didn't end up fitting inflated. Maybe I just need to finesse it in a little more, or just inflate it while it's up there. Sick of seeing the TPMS light on during initial engine start.

It was very tight but it got in there.

For anyone interested, just drove 200 miles on them and there is a slight hum at 85plus. But apart from that they’re pretty quiet.

Last edited:

Justin Allen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any chance I could get a photo of the Toyos? I’m going to be getting a new set of tires soon and am absolutely torn between the AT3 and the Conti TerrainContact. As my truck spends more time on the street than off, I like the milder look of the Conti. But don't want to be limited in what I can do offroad when the time does come. It’s a tough choice for me because I know most guys just say get a second set of wheels. But I can’t afford that at the moment nor do I have anywhere to store them. So I need a happy medium I guess.

In regard to the 255/60, would it not require a Speedo reprogram?

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any chance I could get a photo of the Toyos? I’m going to be getting a new set of tires soon and am absolutely torn between the AT3 and the Conti TerrainContact. As my truck spends more time on the street than off, I like the milder look of the Conti. But don't want to be limited in what I can do offroad when the time does come. It’s a tough choice for me because I know most guys just say get a second set of wheels. But I can’t afford that at the moment nor do I have anywhere to store them. So I need a happy medium I guess.

In regard to the 255/60, would it not require a Speedo reprogram?

CiwuSMp.jpg

No reprogram, its barely a noticeable change. My truck is 90% street driven but most of the off-road stuff I do is on the beach so I wanted the extra sidewall. If I could have gotten a milder treaded tire I would have, but there isn't anything comparable except goodyears which IMO are garbage. Unless you know you need 18s now for the off-roading you do, you won't need anything remotely aggressive when you decide to.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's interesting is the 255/60/19 Toyos have a better sidewall and load rating than the 265/65/18 size.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's interesting is the 255/60/19 Toyos have a better sidewall and load rating than the 265/65/18 size.
Yea, they 18s are P rated, surprising they don't offer a LR E in that size.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tempImageRJCk3v.png

Here they are with some desert highlights to emphasize the tread ;)

You can see how much of the side wall is used and this is was not aired down at all. The trail was (2N47 - Cleghorn Ridge) for reference

ElChuco

Reaction score
These look great, and that may be the way I go next time. Do you mind explaining why you consider Goodyear Wranglers to be crappy? Gracias.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72