Looking for a 19" off road tire.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These look great, and that may be the way I go next time. Do you mind explaining why you consider Goodyear Wranglers to be crappy? Gracias.
My dad has had 2 or 3 sets of Duratracs on his F150 and when they wear down they get very loud. They don't balance well either. Tread life seems good, sidewalls are weak.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dad has had 2 or 3 sets of Duratracs on his F150 and when they wear down they get very loud. They don't balance well either. Tread life seems good, sidewalls are weak.

Yup, the duratracs are a decent tire for a bit, then they are real screamers once you wear down the first 30-40%. Sidewalls are weak, too. The Goodyear adventures aren't the best either, lots of reviews on jeep forums about them. the Kevlar MTRs are a good tire, but not available in 19"

DallasLoneStar

Reaction score
Duratracs had a good rep for a while (been around a long time) but IMO they are now an outdated tire with much better alternatives widely available, including the Toyo OC AT3 (and before that, the AT2 which I have on my Ram 1500 and love), and the BFG KO2.

Scotty951

Reaction score
I've used the Atturo 19" tires for a couple of years. I bought them at about $79 from Prime Tire on the Internet with free shipping. As an emergency vehicle, I need reliable tires, and these are it. Out of 9 tires purchased, I had one that had tread separation and they replaced it at no cost (free shipping). I can't recommend these tires enough.

View attachment 12134

Scotty951

Reaction score
I've used the Atturo 19" tires for a couple of years. I bought them at about $79 from Prime Tire on the Internet with free shipping. As an emergency vehicle, I need reliable tires, and these are it. Out of 9 tires purchased, I had one that had tread separation and they replaced it at no cost (free shipping). I can't recommend these tires enough.

View attachment 12134
Hi do you have a link to prime tire I can seem to find it online.

Kerrie

Reaction score
Those of y'all running the Toyo AT3's, how are they now after having them for a bit? My Zeon's need replaced and I'm considering the AT3. We are currently in the Colorado mountains, so sharp rocky roads, slimy sticky mud, for off roading and snow (even though I use Nokian r3's for winter). But, we are moving to nw Montana next summer, so not sure what kind of off roading we'll be doing there.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those of y'all running the Toyo AT3's, how are they now after having them for a bit? My Zeon's need replaced and I'm considering the AT3. We are currently in the Colorado mountains, so sharp rocky roads, slimy sticky mud, for off roading and snow (even though I use Nokian r3's for winter). But, we are moving to nw Montana next summer, so not sure what kind of off roading we'll be doing there.

I've had mine for 14,000 miles. Have done numerous trails (Colorado, Utah, Arizona) with them and they've outperformed my expectations. Due to the location I've mostly just done rock/sand/dirt. I've done a tad bit of mud, and I don't think I've been out in the snow yet.

Sharp rocky roads and I haven't torn anything apart yet.

They're still almost dead silent too, don't really notice anything on the highway. I run stock pressures on road, and have been airing down to about 28 PSI off road (will be playing with lower).

255/60R/19, so a small step up from the stock size.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had mine for 14,000 miles. Have done numerous trails (Colorado, Utah, Arizona) with them and they've outperformed my expectations. Due to the location I've mostly just done rock/sand/dirt. I've done a tad bit of mud, and I don't think I've been out in the snow yet.

They're still almost dead silent too, don't really notice anything on the highway. I run stock pressures on road, and have been airing down to about 28 PSI off road (will be playing with lower).

Virtually the same with only 4K miles. Still very happy with the shift from the original spec Contis

Kerrie

Reaction score

Thanks! I think I'm sold on these tires for next season and at the 255/60 size. My mechanic suggested this tire, too. Said they've had a good experience with them on other vehicles. I just know these LR's can be picky with tires. lol

LR4inAZ

Reaction score
I put those Toyo Open Country AT3 in 255/60r19 - 31.1" Diameter on my LR4 right before I sold it - drove it for 2K miles on them.... AWESOME tires - so much better that Pirelli's or anything else... just a bit louder - but great ride. I also had the Spare in same size - had to deflate it a bit to get it to fit in the wheelwell. $1500 for 5 tires wasn't too bad - it sure made the LR4 Look great!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV