Lower radiator hose connector.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elguru

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have a persistent seep from the bottom radiator connector to oil cooler hose. The rest looks in good condition so I don’t feel inclined to swap it all out.
Does any one know the part number for specifically the clip on connector NOT the whole double hose assembly.?
Dorman make them for Audi etc but I need the dimensions.
Thanks….

Attachments

• CBB28323-C367-4043-8257-5B9C073A1BEA.jpeg
    CBB28323-C367-4043-8257-5B9C073A1BEA.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 38

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just before you buy make sure it’s the seal on the hose connection or damage to the connection that’s causing the leak. It could be the spigot on the bottom of the radiator as well. So double check that it’s in good condition, with no obvious burrs or foreign material etc.

Also there’s a locking piece of wire that’s part of this setup. Stops the blue part of the clip assembly from vibrating lose. Make sure this is present and housed properly.

This connection has been the immediate death of 2 engines that I’ve heard of. If it goes then it’s as catastrophic as our friends the crossovers.

Elguru

Reaction score
Thanks for those quick replies.
The clip is still on it and the actual radiator looks in good shape.
I’ve been chasing the leaks for months. Replaced the forward crossover twice (takes me 20 minutes) and all the hoses/thermostat etc on the front of the engine. Was great for a while but when I parked face down on my steep drive in the morning I would find a puddle under the front) Was obviously pooling on the bash tray which I’ve removed now to try and find the source. Seems to have stopped now but there’s a slight seep from the above mentioned connector.

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
Diagnostic tool:

Are you using Rover brand antifreeze? If so then just get a UV flashlight and use it to find the leak (your local parts shop should have them, Amazon does for sure). Rover brand antifreeze has UV dye in it.

If not using Rover brand, then get a UV dye that is compatible with the OAT (Organic Acid Technology) coolant that Rover specifies and add it to the system.

Needs to be dark, so at night or in a dark garage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72