LR3/4 lovers, fret not. Replacement maybe on the way.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make tea, not war, ha.

They seem serous about this:

Last edited:

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, from what I gather, they seem super open to ideas/suggestions via their twitter/instagram/facebook page, etc.

The first model may not be an LR3/4 like, but if they do well and see a market, successors could be.

I personally am hopeful as a customer/consumer, and will shoot them some ideas. The more competition the merrier. This thing does have a potential of being big if they do it right.

Last edited:

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice jab, btw my LR3 motor had a timing chain death rattle at 105,000 miles. $6000 to fix. LR4 motor, purrs like a kitten...

6k to fix?!!

Man I am dreadful of keeping this thing out of warranty. Although I did brave my '06 LR3 for six years, two years out of warranty and about 49k miles.

Wonder if I should start investigating an extended warranty for my '16, I do have about 12.5k miles on it.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not all bad, so you pay off the LR4 and then keep paying, but towards maintenance instead of the vehicle. If you spend $250 a month (on average over time), it is not so horrendous for such a unique vehicle...

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will be hitting the LA auto show this weekend, any messages/thoughts of love and affection that you guys may wanna convey to the TATA/LR suits up there? I am never shy expressing my personal thoughts to them in a straight manner whenever I have the opportunity to catch them in person and would be more than happy to communicate to them your thoughts or even hand to them any love letters.

I am prepared to let these guys know about the tales of the service departments' relentless will of offering that quality service for $198/hr in my area :)

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6k to fix?!!

Man I am dreadful of keeping this thing out of warranty. Although I did brave my '06 LR3 for six years, two years out of warranty and about 49k miles.

Wonder if I should start investigating an extended warranty for my '16, I do have about 12.5k miles on it.

Well I didn't have it fixed, but the quote was something around there. If I remember it was a timing change tensioner something or other. I found someone who didn't care, it just made noise on startup, and sold it to him.

It's funny, I'm getting lulled into a false confidence with this LR4, zero things wrong in 3.5 years of owning it. I've got extended warranty til 12/19, which means 13 more months before things start breaking, lol!

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will be hitting the LA auto show this weekend, any messages/thoughts of love and affection that you guys may wanna convey to the TATA/LR suits up there? I am never shy expressing my personal thoughts to them in a straight manner whenever I have the opportunity to catch them in person and would be more than happy to communicate to them your thoughts or even hand to them any love letters.

I am prepared to let these guys know about the tales of the service departments' relentless will of offering that quality service for $198/hr in my area :)

Sure, my thoughts are: New Bronco, or used G Wagon. And tell them to fire McGovern. Thank you :)

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell them their cars are all ******** and they should feel bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72