LR3 Cargo Mat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Which is better?!?! It depends what you need it for.

I have the loadspace mat and it works fine for me. I have also rolled it up on the rare occasion when I have the 3rd row of seats up and that is a nice option to have.

The rigid one, from what I can tell in the picture, would be a pain if you folded down the 2nd row seats as you'd have a barrier if you wanted to lay anything down. But, if you will ALWAYS have your second row seats up, then the rigid one is probably better at containing any liquid or mud spillover.

Depends on your needs, I suppose....

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which is better?!?! It depends what you need it for.

I have the loadspace mat and it works fine for me. I have also rolled it up on the rare occasion when I have the 3rd row of seats up and that is a nice option to have.

The rigid one, from what I can tell in the picture, would be a pain if you folded down the 2nd row seats as you'd have a barrier if you wanted to lay anything down. But, if you will ALWAYS have your second row seats up, then the rigid one is probably better at containing any liquid or mud spillover.

Depends on your needs, I suppose....

Ditto......I have the mat and works fine for me ....had rigid on a GMC Yukon and hated it

HTH
John in Ohio

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the rigid, which I really like, but it is a pain to get out. It works fabulous as a pseudo enclosed pick-up bed; making trips to the beach or throwing muddy tools in the back painless in terms of clean-up and risk of trashing and scratching-up the interior.

To get it out, you have to pull-up and twist while taking it out. I've got it wired, but my wife refuses to bother with it. If you use the third-row, it must be removed and left out of the truck.

Can also be used for a myriad of other uses outside of the truck. We literally pulled it out of the truck and used it to cart all the beach stuff in one load - its that rigid.

Kenjengrif

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the rollable mat, it fits well and it works great for me. Its good to keep muddy paws off the carpet. Its also easy to roll up if you need access to rear seats. If you have or plan to get a dog guard, I dont think the rigid mat is compatable.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rollable mat for me, works fine. I like it.

Learth

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I've had my LR3 for 2 weeks.. First non-Japanese vehicle. So far, I love this machine. It's a toy and transport all in one. Thanks, again.

cdodkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rollable mat for me - already saved the trunk from a leaking bottle of Mobil1 - worth every $$

shedward

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rollable mat for me too - this is the one I have.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4