LR3/Disco3 Software Issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

E

Ecosse

New HSE and overall excellent car, but has anyone else come across the following issues (the dealer is looking at them, but advises that LR themselves are not always up to speed in replies if they relate to software powered functions!):-
Sat Nav - altimeter reads 200 ft too high & no adjustment available!, 4x4 system display won't show the gear number selected, and low fuel warning doesn't activate on sat-nav
Fuel Burning Heater - a great device, but hopelessly documented in the manual!! - also, says to turn it off before refuelling but this is not possible if the air/engine temperatures are below pre-set points!! And, the timer functions for it don't work even though they are visible on the info screen.
Telephone Integration - this is pathetic - the early literature alluded to it yet dealers don't know what is going to be available - their early fits do not integrate with the Infotainment system & are effectively just an over-expensive add on item! The connections are apparently there on the "bus", just needs an accessory package available (rather than £500 parts cost for something that a car phoen store would produec for sub £200)!! - get your act together please LR & provide an easy fit add on system that uses the phone button & keypad on the infotainment system.

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard that the telephone integration will be via BlueTooth, and that it was a late add-on. I have also heard that the "kit" will be sent out to customers sometime during the first quarter of 2005. Since this is all second-hand info, I suggest contacting your local dealer.

E

Ecosse

Sat Nav altitude shows on teh Off Road moad (HSE enhanced sat nav)

E

Ecosse

Today the whole infotainment system crashed. Had newly been discussing with LR Dealer the software upgrade, then took 6 mile trip, restarted, went 100m with the sat nav on & suddenly blank screen, no radio sound & no voice activation. No joy from restarting car etc - left for 30 mins & on restarting all came back to lfe although the satnav's location is a bit erratic. Wish LR would get the software issues resolved as it harks back to what MS Windows was like in the early 1990's!!
Anyone else had similar issues?

F

fbaer

I had the sat nav system crash on me, with no voice command too. Restarted the car 3 times with no luck, I lucked it and was walking in to work, and the air suspension hissed, I tried it again, and the nav worked fine. I think the computer reset itself. I am going to have the dealer look at it when I bring it in for svc.

J

jbernau

Sat Nav radio and voice activation has crashed twice on me, as well. Shut off and restarted LR3, radio display now shows station and song but no sound, also no sat nav and no voice activation. Came back later, restarted and everything works.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112