LR3 from stock to Overlandish?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArmyRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Ruper that is a pretty interesting leak, I've never ran into something like that, also 100% to afraid to taste any fluid out of the carpet in my truck :ahhhhh:

I got the headliner redone locally and it came out pretty great I guess I have a few updates to toss up in this thread lol.

Sliders are still on my Daily drive LR3, no plan as of yet for the TF Sliders future. If I decide to sell them I'll let you know.

@ryanturner the tires are Atturo Trail Blade MT 33x12.50R18

I'll look over this thread and see about getting some updates up. I got pulled off the build for awhile due to water damage in the house, work and general life lol. There may be a huge change coming for me that will both slow me down short term but speed me up in long run. Fingers crossed it comes out the way I'm hoping.

Ruper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually got it sorted out. I had ran wires down the A pillar outside to power the LED light bar. That was fine when the end cap on my roof rails passenger side was in tact and had it sealed. I had cut the "gutter" roof cover piece of trim back to allow the wires to go up into the roof rack crossovers.
The end cap cracked sometime ago and the cut back trim allowed the water to seep in down the gutter, then down the a pillar trim. All the silicone caulk in the world didn't stop it as it ran under it all.
Once I found that I also found out why the water didn't look like water. It was actually spent desiccant pellets that had absorbed such moisture that they liquefied.
The taste was because when it started to burn the small cut on my finger, I re flexed ans stuck it in the ole ****.
Appreciate the "Right of first refusal on the bars, if I pull the trigger on new ones I'll let you know as well.

Keep up the good work

Anthony Roote

Reaction score
Actually got it sorted out. I had ran wires down the A pillar outside to power the LED light bar. That was fine when the end cap on my roof rails passenger side was in tact and had it sealed. I had cut the "gutter" roof cover piece of trim back to allow the wires to go up into the roof rack crossovers.
The end cap cracked sometime ago and the cut back trim allowed the water to seep in down the gutter, then down the a pillar trim. All the silicone caulk in the world didn't stop it as it ran under it all.
Once I found that I also found out why the water didn't look like water. It was actually spent desiccant pellets that had absorbed such moisture that they liquefied.
The taste was because when it started to burn the small cut on my finger, I re flexed ans stuck it in the ole ****.
Appreciate the "Right of first refusal on the bars, if I pull the trigger on new ones I'll let you know as well.

Keep up the good work

Hi Ruper,

Great looking project!

I'm having a similar leak problem. I think I know where yours was coming from but if it's not to much trouble could you send a pic of the area. I'm pulling my hair out trying to isolate it.

Regards

Ant

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72