LR3 Production notes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

SteveA

Just thought some of you might like to know a few changes have been made to the LR3

The PTIS or personal telephone integration system (bluetooth wireless capability in non-Land Rover terms) will enter production in April. It will use the same phone cradle options as the 2005 Range Rover, but the phone display will be through the Radio display--NOT the Navigation display like in the RR. This is so the system can be compatible with nav and non-nav vehicles.

Adriatic blue will be replaced with Buckingham blue in production week 9 (March 1). It is supposed to be a very similar color. Who knows why they would do this.

Also a few option changes, effective April, the rear seat package must be ordered with the rear climate contol. The convenience package will be discontinued on 5 seat cars (no 35/30/35 flat folding second row of seats, just 65/35 which will not fold flat). Finally, the Navigation option on SEs will be bundled with the lighting package (xenon, fog lamps, homelink and rain-sensing wipers(!!))

Hope this info helps.

Stephen

F

Freeflytim

Steve, thanks for all your info here on the boards, I plunked down a deposit on an HSE last week after all Ive read about it. I got a kick out knowing more about the truck than the salesman!

I was at the dealer talking colors, options and delivery dates when I had not even driven one!! The dealer is making no promises on finding one… could be next week or two months.

Here’s a question- When it comes time to write the check, at what dollar amount do dealers get jumpy when I pull out my AMEX?? Im not expecting any discount on the HSE from my small town dealer and I want FF miles!!

Will they bat an eye if I wanna put 20k on the card??

Anyway, not to hijack your thread….

Ugg on discontinuing the convenience package and the fold flat seat!!!

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer only allowed 2500 on my AMEX and I was preapproved for the entire 53...

Oh well...

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Freeflytim

askewed said:
My dealer only allowed 2500 on my AMEX and I was preapproved for the entire 53...

Oh well...

Maybe Ill just show up, write the check for 10k less, plop down the AMEX and say "Sorry, thats the only way I can swing it." Then pull out the Visa, Mastercard, etc....

I can be a bit sadistic so this may well be worth the entertainment. heh heh heh.

-TIM

Last edited by a moderator:

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I didn't even expect a minor change (like the color) until MY2006. So, does this mean MY2006 will appear at the normal calendar "end of year" instead of the all-new Range Rover Sport and refreshed Range Rover '06 timeline?

Starting April for PTI is pushing the "Available in Spring 2005" marketing... that means we won't see a car until June or July! ;)

S

SteveA

I don't have any idea why they changed to color other than maybe it will be a color we will see on the RR Sport, since it will be made on the same line.

Right now they are not saying if the PTIS will be retrofittable or not. I think there will be quite a few people upset if it's not.

As far as paying with AMEX or Visa, most dealerships have a policy in effect that will limit those trasactions for $3000-5000. The only reason for that is the percentages of that money that goes to the credit card companies. If you wanted to pay for the entire amount on your AMEX here, we would say OK, but you would have to pay the additional % that we would have to pay the credit card company. I think AMEX is 2-3%.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Retrofit "dealer installed" PTI is indeed available in other markets. However, it offers no integration with stereo head unit controls, etc. and early reviews have been very negative. You'd probably be better off with a 3rd party implementation. (Heck, the "factory" PTI system isn't exactly cutting edge either...)

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did hear that color name first in a conversation about the Range Rover Sport last month. Your guess is probably correct.

S

SteveA

The word I got today through offical LR channels is that the PTIS that is coming will be retrofittable in the near future and will have all of the same capabilities as the system that is coming. I think the new RR system is very good with the integrated cradle, but the LR3 system will not be as good since the display will be through the radio display not the Nav screen. Oh well, we'll see.

Stephen

T

toddjb123

SteveA said:
... the rear seat package must be ordered with the rear climate contol. ...

Stephen

Thanks. Bummer about the climate control. I wasn't interested in it and planned on ordering without to keep some more storage space free in the back. As you may know, the LR3 doesn't have a lot of enclosed storage space and the rear air hardware fills one of them. Oh well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99