LR3 vs. Lexus GX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skywaterbanjo

Reaction score
This is getting a little too personal. We'll take this discussion offline. Sorry for the intrusion.

Z

zdas04

I just typed a very long post about my experiences at LR Albuquerque and decided that it just wasn't appropriate and deleted it. I won't be buying my next vehicle from LR of Albuquerque, but my post was far too specific for this forum.

Hope you enjoy your truck and the drive to Glenwood Springs is a lot prettier than the drive to Albuquerque.

David

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Unfortunately some still feel like they need to "work us" against other dealerships. Frankly, it is taking advantage of us and the type of people that we are."

Do you seriously believe that a consumer trying to save several thousand dollars is 'taking advantage' of you? Would you pay more for...heck, even a washing machine b/c the salesman said he was virtuous? You may have great service and after sale follow up but the value in that is up to the consumer. If you can't match any deal - regardless of whether you said you could or not, I'd take it up with the dealer owner and not whine to the client. IMO, your post here hurt your business more than helped it. My $.02

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rover4x4dpg > by and large, the sales expereince for Land Rovers is a very positive experience. Why shouldn't it be? A customer is typically excited to get a new vehicle, so is generally upbeat, and willing to be more accomodating even if minor events occur during the transaction.

Most people grumble on these and other forums about the Service and follow through with their Land Rovers. It's one thing that the products more service than vitually every other car make out there , but it's another thing altogether when that service experience is negative.

I don't know your dealership, I have no idea what your service department is like, but if I could encourage you to do something positive for your dealership, it would be to reinforce the level of care that occurs after the Sale is completed. In my opinion, that has far more influence on where an owner's next Land Rover will be purchased, or more bluntly, IF a second Land Rover will ever be purchased.

Wayfarer

Reaction score
rover4x4dpg said:
We are a "one price seller". This allows us to have an open, honest, and stress free experience with our clients. Most people like not having to "haggle".

We don't do specials, and we don't have rebates. The money that is given off of the LR3 is coming from the dealership. If they are giving away dealer cash and honoring a coupon, the we can do that too. . . after all Land Rover North America gives the same incentives to us.

Just an observation, if you are changing prices around as you describe, that is a very odd "one price seller".

Skywaterbanjo

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Now, I need to figure out if I can get a MOST interface for my iPod and not go thru the aux jack.

We pick up our new LR3 on Friday.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99