LR4 air suspension stays up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the rocker has effectively 3 user selectable positions - access, normal, and off road. It will lower automatically from off road if you exceed a certain speed (I want to say 35mph), but won't if you just disengage the transfer case. It will display a warning on the dash that it will lower if speed persists. The top part of the rocker switch should be illuminated when in offroad mode, and if you toggle the switch down once, it should indicate that 'normal height' was selected on the dash display, and lower to normal height. A second toggle of the switch should bring it further down to access height (and illuminate the bottom part of the toggle.)

So starting in access mode, if you drive over a certain speed it will automatically raise to normal height (which it sounds like it's doing). If you are in offroad mode, a single press of the toggle down should put it in normal mode. What happens if you're in offroad height and get up to highway speeds, does it give you the warning and automatically lower to normal height?

landylandy

Reaction score
hahaaa, I finally got some fault codes!
C1A68, C1A69, C1A70 and C1A71 all corners of the height sensor supply!
also live data reads:
front left V 1.65
front right V 3.25
rear left V 3.30
rear right V 1.53

Is this a sensors defect or a module communication error?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it could be a height sensor. Doubtful they all went bad at once, though. You have a way to clear all the codes? If it were mine, I'd clear all the codes and see what one comes back first.

landylandy

Reaction score
I did clear the codes a couple of days ago, when I got the scan tool from my friend.
Now they are back, nothing changed.....

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One will come back first, then cause the others. You'd need to have the tool with you while the vehicle runs so you can see what one comes back first.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Sounds like you should recalibrate the suspension on leveled flooring with the Gap IID Tool, if you have one.

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
It has been a little while, but those voltages look good to me. I recall that there was a pattern like you are seeing, but I don't exactly recall it now...

I doubt that it will matter, BUT....

Check the software that your system is running. (IIDTool)
My 2016 (purchased used) was running Hitachi software but the hardware was AMK. I never noticed any issues, but corrected it when I replaced the pump.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA