LR4 Gear Change Whine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin Fink

Reaction score
Here's a new one, when I switch gears from Drive > Neutral > Reverse, or Park > Reverse, I hear a loud gear like whine, almost like when you disengage the parking break but much louder. Has anyone had this issue before, or any ideas. I can't tell if it's the transmission itself, or maybe even the transfer case. Also possibly related, when i put the car in park, the gear selector indicator on the dash with flash, so the P will essentially blink. Anyone?

Azoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange problem and no Idea what it might be. if i had this kinda issue i would try several things with the hope that one might work, so i would disconnect the battery, or maybe drive in manual mode for a few minutes, or change the drive mode setting for snow, sand etc. Basically just try random things and you might just be lucky the noise goes away.

Austin Fink

Reaction score
I've noticed its only when its cold or the engine has been running a few minutes. It's very strange. I've been looking it up, it could be a sensor in the transmission, but no codes yet. I'm just hoping its nothing serious.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99