LR4 problem with trailer brake/turn light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SorryI don’t know what the adapter will do for you. Perhaps the uhaul place will let you try one with return privilege

jackkyxu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SorryI don’t know what the adapter will do for you. Perhaps the uhaul place will let you try one with return privilege

thanks

actually I want to ask how you are sure about the 100 ohm resistor to make the trailer light working

any data point on this 100 ohm stuff you have ever heard about on LR4?

Thanks

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks

actually I want to ask how you are sure about the 100 ohm resistor to make the trailer light working

any data point on this 100 ohm stuff you have ever heard about on LR4?

Thanks
No, 100 ohms is just what the adapters contain.
Trust me, you will not see the trailer icon on your LR4 instrument panel until the module sees a current draw of 14.4 watts. If you plug 14.4 watts current and 12 volts into a calculator you will see 10 ohms is the required resistance for that 14.4 watt draw.

jackkyxu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, 100 ohms is just what the adapters contain.
Trust me, you will not see the trailer icon on your LR4 instrument panel until the module sees a current draw of 14.4 watts. If you plug 14.4 watts current and 12 volts into a calculator you will see 10 ohms is the required resistance for that 14.4 watt draw.

I got this 10 ohm / 14.4 watts

I just want to know whether the etrailer adapter with 100 ohm will get the trailer light on or not

I need a temporary solution now since I am moving the coming Sunday

thanks

jackkyxu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update:

etrailer adapter with 100 ohm does not work with LR4

here is the solution

it is easy to open the etrailer 7pin-4/5pin adapte, just 4 screws

after you open it, you can see there are 3 resistors soldered in parallel between the negative contact (from white wire) and signal contacts (from brown, yellow, green, blue wire)

just need to change the resistors from 100 ohm to 10 ohm

question where to buy 10 ohm, 20w resistor with relatively small size

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okamgba1463