LR4 Rear Tailgate Actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Forty Deuce

Reaction score
So this just happened to my 2016. Lucky for me it happened immediately after I had just finished unloading the back after a week long camping trip. Unloading that much through the rear passenger doors would’ve been a chore.

I’m surprised that JLR never added a pull-release for the interior of the vehicle. Has anybody seen a reliable DIY interior release that doesn’t look sloppy. I can imagine the mechanics of it wouldn’t be too difficult but I haven’t seen inside the tailgate yet to asses it. Anybody try this or have any success with this?

Tippets

Reaction score
I ended up ordering parts from Atlantic British, going to do the replacing tomorrow. Allegedly it is simple, we will see. Any tips on how to remove the cables on the tailgate?

This is probably the best replacement video that I have found:

Last edited:

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So in the replacement video the actuator actually makes the sound when it tries to unlock. On my rig there is no sound which makes me think its an electrical issue. Once i cycle the engine button on and off and try to unlock the trunk it then works perfectly with no struggle. Do you guys think its the rubber trunk release switch? Or is it still the actuator?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick