LR4 - Reset Service Indicator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kernie

Reaction score
Have started changing my own oil and recently had the Service Indicator light illuminate. Not finding a lot of info on how to reset without the tool.

However I found this last night on a site out of the UK.
Was going to try tonight - but curious if anyone had tried this and been successful.

Mine is a 2010 LR4

Disconnect the battery with the lights on
Press the horn for 5 seconds

This is supposed to erase the code

Reconnect battery and code should be removed

Thoughts?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try it out and see... I would be weary of disconnecting the battery with the headlights still on (you are supposed to wait at least 2 minutes after turning off the ignition before disconnecting the battery, to avoid issues with electronic modules not shutting down properly.) And press the horn for 5 seconds after the battery is disconnected? What the heck is that going to do? Or is it with the battery reconnected, in which case your family and neighbors will probably hate you? :biggrin:

I'd be amazed if that actually worked, but you never know with these cars. I reset my SII using IIDTool, and didn't think it was possible to reset it without some type of compatible diagnostic system.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635