LR4 Steering Sounds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nolift911

Reaction score
So I have this exact noise - did anyone get a final fix for this?? It sounds more like it is inside the truck, right at the steering wheel where it mounts - something is rubbing.

Cogs4x4

Reaction score
Yup...
After about a year of complaining got it fixed..

Steering gear ) rack not getting proper lubrication after a tsb that replaced steering gear.

Greasing boot / replacing steering shafts in column did nothing.

Simple Power steering flush and issue resolved.

Had nearly identical sound in a newer ford vehicle recently..

Same crap... Dealer looks at everything but replacing the leaking steering gear..

Wait a year gets worse leaks from both sides, have inspected by a Indy shop... Agree steering rack is leaking

Replaced flushed new rack as part of install . Sound gone.

nolift911

Reaction score
Interesting thanks - it just sounds like its right behind the steering wheel, will have to get mine flushed to see if that fixes it.

viper_iii

Reaction score
Did you check videos at start and compare?

I checked even got things replaced on the high side...

Sound / vibration is transmitted up the column.. makes it sound like it's right at the wheel...

Since that LR4 I've had 2-3 other vehicles with similar sounds - those were also tied to steering rack issues.

Had I known ~$300 would resolve wish had done (dinner? *** phone) sooner!

No longer have the LR4
Not interested D5 / Defender

Think the new Bronco looks better and more like the Defender should have looked.

Last edited:

nolift911

Reaction score
Yes I did its exact (thanks for the videos) so not doubting you - just seems odd since it sounds like it is right there.

Salanizi

Reaction score
I had the same sound coming from my steering column which i thought was from something rubbing (2015 LR4)

Flushing the power steering fluid with fresh CHF11s cleared it completely

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut