LR4 Steering Wheel off center to the right -

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nolift911

Reaction score
Does anyone have this issue - going down the road the steering wheel is tilted a little bit to the right - kinda of annoying.

I am not sure if they do this on purpose for parts to wear in and it comes back to the center on its own sometime down the road? Or should I have the dealer address now?

Truck has about 400 miles on it so it is brand new - was like that from the dealership - wife picked up the car and I didn't notice it until we took a trip this weekend.

It does not pull and I doubt it is an alignment issue. On my old Disco II you could just adjust the drag link and center the wheel up but on this you need to adjust he tie rods in opposite directions - rather have the dealer do on a rack.

Anyway just wondering if anyone has noticed this and if so how many miles and did it correct itself due to break in and wear of parts?

Thanks

appletigger

Reaction score
my 2006 LR3 had the same problem, only to the left. it's an alignment issue. to be more accurate, the toe angle. it took me 4 visits to the dealer to get it fix, 3 1/2 months duration.

CHT

Reaction score
Does anyone have this issue - going down the road the steering wheel is tilted a little bit to the right - kinda of annoying.

I am not sure if they do this on purpose for parts to wear in and it comes back to the center on its own sometime down the road? Or should I have the dealer address now?

Truck has about 400 miles on it so it is brand new - was like that from the dealership - wife picked up the car and I didn't notice it until we took a trip this weekend.

It does not pull and I doubt it is an alignment issue. On my old Disco II you could just adjust the drag link and center the wheel up but on this you need to adjust he tie rods in opposite directions - rather have the dealer do on a rack.

Anyway just wondering if anyone has noticed this and if so how many miles and did it correct itself due to break in and wear of parts?

Thanks

We actually have the same issue. It has not gone away after 9K miles, but there is no unusual tire wear, pulling, etc. Looks as though someone was a bit sleepy in the factory. I plan on fixing when we do a 4 wheel alignment. At this point, my assumption is that the dealer would not fix as a warranty item, but would argue we hit something hard to throw out the alignment.

binz21

Reaction score
Same issue

And i thought i was the only one! My new LR4 has the same problem. The steering wheel tilts slightly to the right. I called my dealer and he said it could be uneven tire pressure so i filled all tires equally. Figuring this should be done anyway since it is brand new, i thought i would mess it up. well, i did and it seems to be the same as before. i guess its a flaw in the design. Any suggestions? thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9