LR4 V8 skipped time finally at 245k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chrisarobin

Reaction score
sorry to hear this but curious of the repair or replacement cost ? As an owner of a 2010 LR4 V8 HSE with 225K is this the end of the road? I am actually unsure of the status of my timing chain/tensioner. I did do the coolant cross overs last yearend water pump (2X) but not sure about injectors. had trani fluid changed a couple times but they couldn't get the filter out and I was discouraged from doing it at this late stage. I just do regular maintenance brakes (a control arm and wheel bearings here-ad-there) but no recent major things. suggestions?

johnnwalters

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear this but curious of the repair or replacement cost ? As an owner of a 2010 LR4 V8 HSE with 225K is this the end of the road? I am actually unsure of the status of my timing chain/tensioner. I did do the coolant cross overs last yearend water pump (2X) but not sure about injectors. had trani fluid changed a couple times but they couldn't get the filter out and I was discouraged from doing it at this late stage. I just do regular maintenance brakes (a control arm and wheel bearings here-ad-there) but no recent major things. suggestions?

Almost the same for me, 2010 LR4 V8 HSE with 233K except that my filter can be removed. Just following Schedule A & B as recommended but oil changes are more frequent.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's no reason any given mileage is "the end of the road". With proper maintenance these trucks should run a very long time. The number of people with over 200kmi (in less than 10 years) says a lot, IMO. It's not like this is the 1970's where 200k meant the vehicle was worn out.

:albertein

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's no reason any given mileage is "the end of the road". With proper maintenance these trucks should run a very long time. The number of people with over 200kmi (in less than 10 years) says a lot, IMO. It's not like this is the 1970's where 200k meant the vehicle was worn out.

:albertein

Preach! And keep telling me what I want/need to hear! :D

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rust will **** most in the east eventually. Fortunately it looks like the bodies are quite resistant to the tin worm.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72