LR4 V8 skipped time finally at 245k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My car is missing it and it has been driving me nuts for over a year.

That's funny because there are a few people here who have intentionally removed that headrest. I am a stock nerd so I've kept mine in place even though it is indisputably true that the rear view while driving is better without it.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Similar to above, I will buy at least one of the rear door panels from you and pay you to ship it.

Those derned things are hard to find.

Justin Allen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have indeed enjoyed the Conti TerrainContact ATs in mixed driving; mostly paved around town and long road trips but also some fun offroad outings that involved gravel/loose surface, water crossings, mud, mild snow, and beach driving. They aren't the most aggressive *looking* tire but they definitely have more presence than a straight street tire. For my needs they've been just about perfect. I wish the lug profile was a little more pronounced around the shoulder purely for looks, to be honest. But it's a cool tire. If I change them out once the tread is beat, I'd only move to something else because I like variety. I could also easily put another set of these on and be very happy.

Good to hear. I actually read an old thread of your impressions of them a while back. I think their "mildness" is exactly what I want. My LR is not a specialty build and will spend 90% of its life on nothing more than pavement and sand so I don't want something super aggressive. But for the times that I do decide to tackle a trail, I want something a little beefier than the OEM. But heck to be honest, I've seen plenty of videos and magazine reviews of guys doing far more aggressive things than I ever will even on factory tires. Pretty sure Land Rover experience Biltmore uses OEM tires on all of their outings.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear. I actually read an old thread of your impressions of them a while back.

I must say that my initial enthusiasm has not dropped off. I think I've got somewhere north of 40K miles on these and they're still going strong. You may have read the post where I cut a sidewall while offroading in the woods, but I can't blame that on the tire. It was a fluke where a sharp rock was protruding from a muddy bank that caught me just right.

I got mine on a decent deal from DiscountTires and I recall paying just under $200 a corner delivered. Not bargain basement but not outlandish as decent tires go.

Justin Allen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must say that my initial enthusiasm has not dropped off. I think I've got somewhere north of 40K miles on these and they're still going strong. You may have read the post where I cut a sidewall while offroading in the woods, but I can't blame that on the tire. It was a fluke where a sharp rock was protruding from a muddy bank that caught me just right.

I got mine on a decent deal from DiscountTires and I recall paying just under $200 a corner delivered. Not bargain basement but not outlandish as decent tires go.

Nice! I've been watching them for quite a wheel and they seem to be stuck at $211 a tire currently. Just can't decide what to do with basically new OEM tires.

dfcpapi

Reaction score
If you plan on going on selling your LR4 for parts, please let me know. I can used the left side rear door handle, headlights, and other interior parts. I have 2011 LR4 HSE with 86000 miles and replaced the coolant crossover pipe already, the lower control bars and breaks.

Seabassjfr

Reaction score
Same here if you plan on selling any part, im looking for the left mirror outside black trim havent been able to get it. just the outside trim.