LR5 Release Updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Neve1064

Reaction score
Whoa, did not see extended-lift-mode coming!

C5oQIwBWQAAZbWt.jpg

Is this an option or are there aftermarket lift kits already!?

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
0Shot%202017-02-24%20at%204.54.05%20PM_zpstwfgs4xu.png

that poor guy leaning on the edge of the glass that wont go down all the way... maybe he can take a rest later under the massive trunk lid on the baby flap. *sigh*.
JFC!!!! They couldn't find TWO FRIGGIN INCHES of space to get that window all the way into the door?!??! Unbelievable.

I agree. Forget sitting in the back of this on a nice day, windows open, resting your arm on the.... window?!? Stupid.

Jerbo

Reaction score
Lol, so the button to close the liftgate is less of a luxury and more of a necessity for anyone under 6'4" it would seem...

I think it is just the rear spoiler messing with your eyes. IMOP powered lift gate is right up there with eco start stop in terms of utterly annoying. ...... almost as bad as rear windows that roll all the way down.

backcountryLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it is just the rear spoiler messing with your eyes. IMOP powered lift gate is right up there with eco start stop in terms of utterly annoying. ...... almost as bad as rear windows that roll all the way down.

Ha. Perhaps.

Yep, nothing more annoying than a window that doesn't roll all the way down. Can't believe anyone at LR signed off on that.

My LR4 also hasn't seen a temp above 45 degrees since I bought it, so can't fully judge on the start/stop feature yet...

Jerbo

Reaction score
Ha. Perhaps.

Yep, nothing more annoying than a window that doesn't roll all the way down. Can't believe anyone at LR signed off on that.

My LR4 also hasn't seen a temp above 45 degrees since I bought it, so can't fully judge on the start/stop feature yet...

Should still be working once engine temp is normal, might be broken.

There is a separate thread discussing how most of them are broken, not that we are complaining. Mine stopped working about 3 months ago... probably the only time during LR ownership when I have been pleased something broke!

mpinco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$917 for roof rails ........

So much for putting a canoe on the roof with the large rear door, and tying it down fore and aft

backcountryLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should still be working once engine temp is normal, might be broken.

There is a separate thread discussing how most of them are broken, not that we are complaining. Mine stopped working about 3 months ago... probably the only time during LR ownership when I have been pleased something broke!

Well, after looking in the owners manual, it seems ~ 32° is the trigger for the auto start/stop. It has been warmer than that if not by much. I assume now that mine isn't working, but with 5 years left on my warranty I have no desire to fix it right now...

Over to that thread I suppose.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JFC!!!! They couldn't find TWO FRIGGIN INCHES of space to get that window all the way into the door?!??! Unbelievable.

I agree. Forget sitting in the back of this on a nice day, windows open, resting your arm on the.... window?!? Stupid.

Whoever engineered the third row seats in the LR4 should have been in charge of those windows. It's amazing how the seats flip around so perfectly in the space given.