Magnaflow Exhaust Design Concepts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I wasn't clear on that one. No, I'm reffering to the rock sliders from Rover Specialties. I'm wondering if the the location of the muffler interferes with the built in skid plate on the slider itself. They did a great job at re-routing
everything. I wonder how low that muffler hangs down.

Last edited:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nathan, will this work with our sliders?? And will muffler get hung up ??

Yes, and yes. That muffler looks pretty tender under there, but the piping layout will not effect the rock sliders, as they follow the inside line of the frame very closely.

In this photo, you can see the contour of the rock slider. Also note the big dent in the catalytic converter...
sliders-12-800.gif

I am concerned though, this off road system is functionally a replacement of the OEM system, it does not improve the off road durability issues we have with the stock system. Here are some photos of my originally damaged exhaust system (since replaced). These photos were before they were REALLY banged up :)

IMG_6155.gif

IMG_6165.gif

IMG_6170.gif

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I would like to see is an exhaust routing that goes up over the control arms. Like this:

ehaust_routing-01.gif

Hollywood LR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got back from picking up the LR3 and wow it is ******* loud It now has more passing power. Everything is tucked up very nicely and tightly.The guys at Magnaflow are a class act! They have great shop with Dyno's.I am extending an invitation for all of us to take an opportunity to get together at their facility. A day to tour this amazing facility, get a free Dyno and have some fun meeting each other in person with complementary food and drink! I will get back to you on the specific date. It will be sometime around the end of September and the beginning of October. I would like to get an idea of how many of us would be interested in getting together. Please respond with your interest in attending.

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got back from picking up the LR3 and wow it is ******* loud It now has more passing power.

a little dissapointing that its ******* loud. but to be expected with most aftermarket exhausts. maybe there is some substitute mufflers available. The piping alone would almost be worth it. Post some test results after you break it in for a week. Thanks for all the info.

Hollywood LR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a little dissapointing that its ******* loud. but to be expected with most aftermarket exhausts. maybe there is some substitute mufflers available. The piping alone would almost be worth it. Post some test results after you break it in for a week. Thanks for all the info.

You can always put the street tips with resonators and it would be whisper quiet:hello:

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, and yes. That muffler looks pretty tender under there, but the piping layout will not effect the rock sliders, as they follow the inside line of the frame very closely.

Thank you for your reply Mr. Woods.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work Hollywood. Thanks for stepping up.

Ethan Hunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I picked up my LR3 yesterday and made the trek home which is a little over 100 miles away. And let me say that I'm very impressed with the exhaust system. However unlike Hollywood I dont think that the exhaust is ******* loud. I feel that that the exhaust brings the LR3 alive and it makes it sound BUFF. From the butt dyno alone it feels like there is more low end torque and the LR3's pedal is now more responsive.

I will try to post some video this weekend so you can judge for yourself.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112