Magnaflow Exhaust Design Concepts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ethan Hunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As some of you may know Magnaflow is using my LR3 to do some design concepts of the new exhaust system that they are coming out with. The is the first concept and the off-road concept is to follow. Please share your thoughts.

LR3V8004.jpg

LR3V8001.jpg

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad to see the wheels of progress are turning. looks nice, but not my style. i was hoping for the same hidden turndown tips as factory, but with the added performance of some free flow mufflers. At this point ill take what i can get. At least you get a free a exhaust out of it.

Ethan Hunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad to see the wheels of progress are turning. looks nice, but not my style. i was hoping for the same hidden turndown tips as factory, but with the added performance of some free flow mufflers. At this point ill take what i can get. At least you get a free a exhaust out of it.

I will post pics of the turndown tips once I get them. I'm leaning towards the hidden turndown tips myself.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing the off road concepts, because these here are one-hit wonders...as in, I wonder where my exhaust pipes went after that last rock?

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it looks pretty good, but I'm also interested in the offroad exhaust.

How does it sound? Any sound clips you can post?

-Rich

Hollywood619

Reaction score
I am very interested in the turn down system as well. Please keep this thread alive.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with Rich, I want to hear it.

oxidizr

Reaction score
Thanks for your interest and feedback. My name is Richard and the Rover project is one I am overseeing as well. It has always been our intention to have a system that enahances performance AND has a distinct aesthetic appeal. I have a little expereince in some trail riding and had the pleasure to make a MOAB run once. In our evaluation, it beacame quickly appearant that any "TIP" exteneding under the bumperline would effect angle of departure or angle of approach if backing up. As Gabe said, we are going to offer the Rear section with an Off-Road tailpipe.

DSC08702.JPG

The kit we will offer includes BOTH options. Removal of the rear tail pipe only requires a 15mm wrench and one can switch back and forth to whichever tailpipe is best suited. The Off-road tailpipe does eliminate the rear resonators for a little more robust sound and while 2.5" tubing is used it does not compromise angle of departure. The TIP tailpipe includes the rear resonators which will ensure near stock interior noise levels with just enough feedback to let you know how the motor is running but not being intrusive with a full load of passengers or on highway hills.

more to come shortly

cj60

Reaction score
That looks good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
any idea how much will it cost when its out to market ?
Lucky you...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112