Magnaflow Exhaust Design Concepts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hollywood LR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got put in check last night , went to my buds house and he said it sounds like a real 4x4.. lol

Auburn92

Reaction score
I just got back from picking up the LR3 and wow it is ******* loud It now has more passing power. Everything is tucked up very nicely and tightly.The guys at Magnaflow are a class act! They have great shop with Dyno's.I am extending an invitation for all of us to take an opportunity to get together at their facility. A day to tour this amazing facility, get a free Dyno and have some fun meeting each other in person with complementary food and drink! I will get back to you on the specific date. It will be sometime around the end of September and the beginning of October. I would like to get an idea of how many of us would be interested in getting together. Please respond with your interest in attending.

Count me in

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up my LR3 yesterday and made the trek home which is a little over 100 miles away. And let me say that I'm very impressed with the exhaust system. However unlike Hollywood I dont think that the exhaust is ******* loud. I feel that that the exhaust brings the LR3 alive and it makes it sound BUFF. From the butt dyno alone it feels like there is more low end torque and the LR3's pedal is now more responsive.

I will try to post some video this weekend so you can judge for yourself.

Interesting. When I worked at the speed shop the most common question asked was how to get more power for the best buck. Other than a chip for a diesel, the best answer was Exhaust and Intake. Gibson cat-backs and name your company intake used to be a daily sale for me. I think an aftermarket air cleaner and this exhaust may just open up the 4.4 with a little more potential. Im thinking group buy here direct. Maybe that can be worked out with Magnaflow, Ill deal with the sound when I get it.

tommithy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This looks nice as the LR3 could definitely use a boost in power but for me two things need to happen....

Better routing to avoid all of the dings and hits that the exhaust takes.

A real dyno test. Butt dyno is great for some people but I want to see numbers.

Ethan Hunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This looks nice as the LR3 could definitely use a boost in power but for me two things need to happen....

Better routing to avoid all of the dings and hits that the exhaust takes.

A real dyno test. Butt dyno is great for some people but I want to see numbers.

I feel you man we (Hollywood and I) just need to get to an AWD dyno. Unfortunately with the time permitted Magnaflow ran out of time. However I believe they are in the process of installing their own AWD dyno. Hell we even have 2 dynos at work (Turbonetics) but neither of them are AWD.

But the plan is to run back to back test. Stock vs Stock with Aftermarket exhaust.

Has anyone dynoed their LR3 yet? I'm curious what the stock numbers are.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any chance they'd come out with a cat-back system for the LR3?

tommithy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any chance they'd come out with a cat-back system for the LR3?

Well looking at the pics, this pretty much is cat back. It looks like the x-over pipe forward of the muffler may be new but definately from muffler back is all new. Not sure if they could do a user installed bolt in install. I haven't looked THAT closely at mine to see if everything is bolted in easily.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can one of you guys post a clip on YouTube with the vehicle running. I'm curious how those sound after the modification.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're right, Tom...nothing but pipes AFT of the cat. I wonder how it affects emissions or passing of DEQ standards.

What was/is the cost?

Hollywood619

Reaction score
Any updates to this? Did anyone make a sound clip? Any news from Magnaflow on availability?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112