Mechanical/Technical Problems That Won't Go Away: What Are You Doing ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

Colt45

Hello everyone - - - I like my new LR3 but have experienced a number of problems considering that I've had it for only a little over a month, (and it was parked 2 weeks while I was on vacation.) - - - Currently, the Nav system isn't working as it should. They replaced the controller unit under the seat this week - which they thought was the problem when they troubleshooted the system a few weeks ago. It took awhile to get a replacement in. - - - It was in the shop 2 full days this week and still isn't working properly. (This is the 3rd time I have brought the vehicle in to fix the nav system. The first time was with the salesman to confirm that there was something wrong and it just wasn't new operator error.) I detail all this in another thread so won't lay it out again here - - - but my main question is to you that have had reoccurring problems with an LR3 or other Land Rover product : How has Land Rover treated you ? My local dealer has been very good about getting on any problems that I've had with the vehicle. But, I'm concerned that after calling Land Rover tech support several times and still not being able to find the problem with the nav system they may throw up their hands and give up. (Especially since the Service Advisor said that "it may be a software problem" - whatever that means.) That would be Totally Unacceptable. I ordered and paid for a Very Expensive Nav system and that's what I want ! What has been your experience regarding mechanical/technical problems that just don't seem to be fixed after several attempts? How has LR treated you ? - - -

F

fbaer

The first thing that I would suggest is to gather all of your documentation and contact Land Rover. With the owners manual is a book that is all about owners issue resolution (it's late and I 'm too lazy to go out to the garage). Give Land Rover every opportunity to solve the issue. When you contact them explain the issue, send copies of the documentation, and ask for a reply by a specified date, being reasonable. This will get the attention of Land Rover US and will (hopefully) get things in a higher gear to solve the issue. Good Luck.

C

Colt45

fbaer - Thanks for the good suggestions. - - I remember seeing the problem resolution materials with the various owners manuals that I got with the LR3. I'll have to look them over when I get my car back from the shop. - - - Thankfully my state has very good Lemon Laws (in fact they can't just "throw up their hands and give up" on the problem, - under state law they must continue to work to repair an item covered under warranty until it is fixed. In addition, a dealership shop can not refuse to do warranty work in order to avoid Lemon Law claims. ) I have also been able to find a highly rated attorney with a great deal of experience with such cases. - - - Of course it is very early in the game. My local dealer has been excellent when it comes to fixing problems and I am hoping that Land Rover will also be totally customer service orientated. But, I like to be fully prepared for events if they happen to take a turn for the worse. Regards, - - -

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4