Michilin, Goodyear or Nokian? (19")

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spyder13

Reaction score
How about the Nitto NT 421Q tires? They had better reviews than the Michelins, Goodyears and Nokians.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nitto over nokian for all weather or snow is highly unlikely. no one beats nokian in that department

jettore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally made a decision and ordered the Nokian WRG3s.

We went the same route for our weather in Philly. Seems like the perfect choice for the type of weather we get in the part of the country.

khaldrago

Reaction score
that's all good advice. been set on duratrac's, but then i saw these:

Kenda Klever R/T

anyone have any experience with these?

also, wondering if i should upgrade from factory (steel) wheels...

Reaction score
First post here, and pretty excited about it. So I just bought a 2012 LR4, and we need to put a new set of tires on it. We live in Florida- lots of heavy rain and sandy trails. I’m looking at the Michelin Premier LTX, but worried if I should consider something a little more AT friendly. We like to go up to the mountains in NC, and we do find ourselves in some off-road situations when there. My husband is looking at the Falcon Wildpeak AT3, and I’m wondering if anyone has thoughts on those? Trying to get a plush highway ride that we can take off road.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First post here, and pretty excited about it. So I just bought a 2012 LR4, and we need to put a new set of tires on it. We live in Florida- lots of heavy rain and sandy trails. I’m looking at the Michelin Premier LTX, but worried if I should consider something a little more AT friendly. We like to go up to the mountains in NC, and we do find ourselves in some off-road situations when there. My husband is looking at the Falcon Wildpeak AT3, and I’m wondering if anyone has thoughts on those? Trying to get a plush highway ride that we can take off road.

19" or 20" wheels? If Michelin makes them in your size then Defender LTX M/S, Like the Premier but beefier and much longer lasting. Outside of the Premier you won't find a better riding highway tire.

Reaction score
Should have specified before, but I have 19” wheels. Would 100% do defenders if they made a 19. Will the Premiers do okay for occasional off roading on rocky roads and winter weather in the mountains? Everything I see about them talks about them being a highway tire, but does that really matter too much on an LR4? Am I asking for trouble?

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Premiers I would avoid. They are in my opinion the best road tire but they wear very quickly. I'll come up with some road biased options here.

Ok North Carolina Mountains..

If you want a bit of off roading in your tires then Bridgestone Dueller Alenza Plus

The Falkens your hubby is looking at is more of an AT tire. You need to be honest with yourselves how much "off road" you will encounter. If you do want an AT then that is a whole different discussion. How about a compromise and the Falken Wildpeak AT trail? This is somewhere in the middle.

Last edited:

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with ktm525. I tried the Premier LTX and they were so smooth and quiet. However, the tread pattern is very shallow and prone to hydroplaning in the rain. They also wore very quickly.

Currently running the Wildpeak AT trail. A little more road vibration but they have been good in sand when beach driving and good in the rain. I think they are also highly rated in snow but I have no personal experience as I run dedicated winter tires.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72