Mirror Dip in Reverse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blathering1

Reaction score
The manual refers to a setting 'Enable mirror dip' for when you shift to reverse. It explains that you set the side mirrors angle while in Reverse, and every time you shift to reverse the mirror shifts to the stored setting. You need to enable this option in settings it indicates.

I have not seen it in the setting options on the speedometer area LCD display. Is this only on certain LR4 options packages, or perhaps it is a dealer enabled option?

Blathering1

Reaction score
Then again, I am picturing rocking the vehicle out of being stuck (FWD-REVERSE-FWD-REVERSE)... the mirror would constantly adjust. As an upside, the overheating motors would deice the mirror.

Jaydub562

Reaction score
Resurrecting this post from the dead as I've been trying to figure this out aswell:confused: Had this feature on a few of my BMW's in the past and loved it for backing into spaces or along a curb...

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in 2010 and 11 models this feature was only available in lux models. Not surfe if that has changed in 12 and 13 models.

AceRider

Reaction score
Not on the spec sheet of my 2012 HSE, so I assumed this was a package option or LUX option.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm... On my 2012 Lux and its not on by default. Will have to check the settings after work.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, lux only. But when I had my HSE (non-Lux) the mirrors are giant enough where you can tilt the right side down enough to see both the curb and cars behind you. You'll be fine.

Battles2a5

Reaction score
My 2013 Lux has it. You set it up via the nav screen. Not a good feature IMO. My Q5 dipped the right mirror which was handy. The LR4 dips both mirrors which can be dangerous if you are backing into a street, there is no way to see what is behind you in the side mirror and the dip angel is pretty severe. I turned it off.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90